Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High tech thief?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Found the driver's door wide opened this morning at my driveway, thief took some loose changes, cigarettes and a torch from the console. Don't know how the thief managed to open the door as it has self locking function and the alarm didn't came on.

Took the ute to the dealer afterward, they found the battery is faulty and said the door could unlocked itself if the battery voltage dropped. So I replaced the battery.

Has anyone experienced doors unlocked themselves?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I would say it didn't lock. Sometimes I find my car unlocked with the autolock feature.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I would say it didn't lock. Sometimes I find my car unlocked with the autolock feature.

I found this a few times, turned out my wife's key was in her bag on the lounge room floor. Directly above the car in the garage below.
She's not allowed to leave it there anymore.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Mine also occasionally doesn't lock walking away from the vehicle. I try to press the handle button everytime now. Same as when you get in.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Mine also occasionally doesn't lock walking away from the vehicle

Hi Abuch, do you still get the blinker flash (assuming you have it enabled), but the car doesn't lock, or do you mean it just doesn't work at all?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Hi Abuch, do you still get the blinker flash (assuming you have it enabled), but the car doesn't lock, or do you mean it just doesn't work at all?
It just doesn't do anything. I have mine set to flash and horn so I can train myself to listen/watch but often bike away from my vehicle so don't get a chance.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Before you ride off, why not press the silver button on the door handle and confirm the doors are actually locked by checking that the lock pin inside the front door is down? Or use your key and press the lock button to ensure your car is locked (it should flash and beep if set in MyLink)?

I can understand a frustration with the proximity system not working but until such a system fault is resolved by Holden, likely never unless you can demonstrate the failure, you have alternatives.

Also, maybe your key fob needs a new battery.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I try to press the handle button everytime now. Same as when you get in.
@Skylarking great to never have to touch the keys, although passengers taking too long means standing by the door till everyone's out

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah i understand the convenience of just walking away and having the car auto lock. Guess i simply didn't understand the use case around the 'try to' part of the workaround to the problem.

Anyhow, how do you get Holden to take the issue seriously unless you can either demonstrate the problem directly to them or via a video? Or do you tell the selling dealer that the product feature is not fit for purpose since it doesn't work reliably and therfore you want to return the whole shamozle (as the feature itself can't be returned separately) and thus expect a full refund as your chosen ACL remedy... usually this gets the dealer of their fat lazy butt and more receptive to looking at the issue with an aim to fix it... usually...

Just as a side thought, do you put anything metalic in the boot that may cover the key sensor that i think is under the mat or does the car auto lock when walking away from the car at some angles but not others? I'd assume the car auto lock feature periodically pings the key and if it doesn't get a key reply, or the reply comes too late, the key is not within the safe zone so the car locks... blocking an antenna within the car should simply result in the car system not deteting the reply so locking the car... sounds like some fault in the logic within the proximity software more than an issue with signal propagation... good luck in getting a spanner twirler to fix that (no disrespect to the spanner twirlers intended - heck the key systems experts that designed the darn thing may have an issue resolving such)...