Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Higher rpm torque converter

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
they are also a great help when used with a cam.if you run a big cam your power range changes and a stall is best to compinsate with this.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ive got a 2800rpm stall in my ute, i drive it on the street like any normal person when im licensed....you drive it sensibly it behaves almost lie a stock converter but u feed it some herbs and it will smoke up the rears with no hesitation in first or second
if your gonna do it make sure the lock up revs match your peak torque of your cam to make the most of it

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Now it's starting to sound complicated:D

So drive normal car goes normal.
Go hard and if you have bad grip it will spin hard. Good grip still some wheel spin.
So is it like having a manual pop the clutch?

I really don't like burnout i have maybe done a 3-4 sec one in my car about 5 time over 12 months not really into them but would love some chirping in the rears again since i got these great tyres it wont chirp anymore dropping back to 1st.
But if I'm going @ 40 and drop it hard will it snap and spin cause then it maybe wouldn't be for me as i love good grip when kicking down and overtaking?.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
The higher the stall the less chance of chirpin into the next gear for an auto anyway. Basically your increasing the rpm meaning you can hit max power/ torque sooner. This in mind by the time your ready to change to second/third (Auto) your way past the "sweet" point to get a chirp happnin at which the motor produces max power/torque.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
u'd be lookin at $500 to $800 for supply and install. not cheap and not really worth it if u want control over gear shifts buy a tacho so u can watch your rpm then shift it yourself. a much better way to learn how to use your beast...

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Dan 202 - 355 said:
The higher the stall the less chance of chirpin into the next gear for an auto anyway. Basically your increasing the rpm meaning you can hit max power/ torque sooner. This in mind by the time your ready to change to second/third (Auto) your way past the "sweet" point to get a chirp happnin at which the motor produces max power/torque.
So instead of changing @ 5100rpm you can change earlier with the torque coming in earlier at lower RPM so it's more in the right range instead of wasting drive?.
How much time would one of these cut off your 0-100 times anyway.
VNV6VENGEANCE said:
u'd be lookin at $500 to $800 for supply and install. not cheap and not really worth it if u want control over gear shifts buy a tacho so u can watch your rpm then shift it yourself. a much better way to learn how to use your beast...
So mated with 3.45/3.89 LSD and shift kit 2500rpm stall would be a handy weapon?.
Would the tacho on the level 2 dash be fine as i hate them big tacho's on the dash's:)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i noticed a converter on ebay for $80 (brand new)....

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
SlickHolden said:
How much time would one of these cut off your 0-100 times anyway.

So mated with 3.45/3.89 LSD and shift kit 2500rpm stall would be a handy weapon?.
Would the tacho on the level 2 dash be fine as i hate them big tacho's on the dash's:)

1/4 mile times would not be improved from stock, they would just look better as the rpm that you would have been using normally without the stall would not be optimised and properly used on take off. easy explanation. when you didn't have the stall converter you would have to rev the engine to around 2500rpm, hope that you've got the right rpm under your foot then accelerate. some time would be lost in human error.

mated with an lsd/minispool, shift kit a 2500rpm would be good for gettin the initial jump on your opponent in a drag no doubt about it.

Tacho be fine for what? all i meant is with a tacho you can watch your revs yourself instead of using a stall converter.