Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Highest bitrate WMA from USB stick

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
I have a massive collection of wma files ripped from my cd collection. Most of the rips are lossless wma but some of it is duplicated at 192 kbs. I can get these 192 kbs files to play but not yet the higher quality, which is disappointing as the lower bitrate files definitely show their lack of depth on the SSV Redlines Bose system. What is the best bitrate wma you've been able to play off the system's USB port?

SE1Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF - SSV - Redline Sedan
I just play .flac files off my phone via Blutooth.
Works fine, if that's an option for you?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Hi SARRAS,

In regards to the bitrate, I play 320kbps all day, everyday. :)

As for the Lossless Formats I know that .flac WILL NOT play directly from a USB.

And on that note, I doubt you'll even notice a difference between .flac and 320kbps to even warrant downloading your whole library again.

Not to mention on a standard Commodore speaker!

I only have lossless as an archive, so I can convert later on down the track, as technology progresses and files become smaller.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just play .flac files off my phone via Blutooth.
Works fine, if that's an option for you?

Yes I can play them off the phone but they are also some sort of downsample... the get auto resampled when copied to the phone as such.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi SARRAS,

In regards to the bitrate, I play 320kbps all day, everyday. :)

As for the Lossless Formats I know that .flac WILL NOT play directly from a USB.

And on that note, I doubt you'll even notice a difference between .flac and 320kbps to even warrant downloading your whole library again.

Not to mention on a standard Commodore speaker!

I only have lossless as an archive, so I can convert later on down the track, as technology progresses and files become smaller.

Hmmmmm... okay thanks - I might try converting some of the albums to 320 and see if that works. My situation is similar - the archive is lossless but a lot of these modern gadgets are all pretty much 'kid with headphones' bitrates... Of course I could go get one of those $1200 Sony Walkman high end media players.....

On a side note my last car was a Mazda RX-8 and it also had a Bose system (CD's only) but it was just crap compared to what they've achieved with Mr Bose as stock standard in the Commodore hence the interest in trying to get the best out of it that I can.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Rather than a $1200 media player, put that money into a stereo upgrade!

The standard system is rubbish, in my opinion.

I have a new stereo going in this week. Speakers, amp and sub. The standards are going in the bin!