Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Highway handling

mike4226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe 3.6
Hi i have a vz equip with fe2 suspension and i use luton tyres on the front and when driving over 120km on the highway it feels like my car is hit with a slight gust of wind like when a truck goes past.To me my steering feels vague.I have had a wheel alignment and had my suspension checked so im wondering if this could be caused by the type of tyre im using(the tyres have alot of road noise too.The tyres have only done 10000kms.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I think you have broken the golden rule of tyre buying. If you have never heard of the brand before and noone you know has them and likes them do NOT BUY THEM.

At 120 k it could be other things too such as shocks, bushes, chasis damage, tie rods, rack issues, but more likely your ####ty tyres lol.

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
The other thing you need to take into account is what speed are your tyres rated to?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You say you use luton tyres on the front. What have you got on the back ? If the rear tyres are better than your nulon's try changing them to the front and see if its better.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Could also be the sway bar linkages or the ti-rod ends.

mike4226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe 3.6
The tyres probably are cheap as they were only brought by the last owner prior to selling the car.On the back i have 2 different brands atm but need another rear soon so they ll be the same they were cheap tyres too.