Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp_304

Reaction score
hey guys i have heard a lot of guys on here talk these tyres up. Does anyone know were i can get them in the west side of melbourne vic?
Or if you get yours from elsewere how much your paying each for them. Last i remember remoulds were going for around $60 each fitted and balanced?

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
you can find a list of shops that sell em at:

Highway Tyres

to give you an idea of just how well they hook up,

I had them on the back of my car, and wouldn't break loose in 2nd at all unless you kicked the clutch, and would most of the time hook up in 1st, too! (on the street)

I then chucked some Falken something-or-others (medium range family car tyre I guess), and it broke loose in 2nd at any speed at full throttle - with a car full of camping gear and fuel :)

vp_304

Reaction score
yeah i used to run remoulds in the old days best tyre for grip and burnouts they smoke hard and leave good marks lol. They just dont last long cause their a soft tyre thats why they grip so well.
Thanks for the site mate

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
smoke hard and leave good marks

true that :)

they seem to last about half as long as a regular tyre - but I can't seem to recall the last time any of my rear tyres died of 'old age'

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah you don't get nearly the same life out of a pair of Highway Maxs that you would out of some hard RE92s, but DAMN they grip well. So soft and spongey :D

Rears usually last me 12mths, fronts a bit longer. I love it when the fronts wear down the tread a little, and the grooves stiffen up. They hook into corners beautifully :)

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
rear tyres last you how long?:p
i count by tanks of fuel now lol.... do they do larger diameter tyres?
like 245/40/18's?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
you can find a list of shops that sell em at:

Highway Tyres

to give you an idea of just how well they hook up,

I had them on the back of my car, and wouldn't break loose in 2nd at all unless you kicked the clutch, and would most of the time hook up in 1st, too! (on the street)

I then chucked some Falken something-or-others (medium range family car tyre I guess), and it broke loose in 2nd at any speed at full throttle - with a car full of camping gear and fuel :)

i have the kenda tyres off that site on my car. they work well and not expensive. helps when you have family working at the store though

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
rear tyres last you how long?
i count by tanks of fuel now lol.... do they do larger diameter tyres?
like 245/40/18's?

LOL - i get roughly about 2-3 tanks to one set of tyres!

I think they do up to 17's dude :(

there's a tyre company up in QLD that I was researching - they do street legal 'slick' style retreads with some SOFT SOFT SOFT rubber band style rubber action.

BIG TYRE: Tyre retreads, rubber tracks & solid wheels

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I had these a while ago, they were fantastic...... I could take off with a shitload of stalling it up in the wet and not loose traction.....
But with the tyre's prior i would loose traction all the way through 1st and half way thru 2nd and if i planted it at 40 in the wet (its only a v6 :( cant loose it at 40 in the dry)...

Thats in the wet, and in the dry they are great aswell..... Foamy got me onto them a while ago

Atm im just using cheap tyre's that i have laying around in the garage but when i run out of tyre's ill 100% be going back to highway max's....
OH! and if you smoke them up they do leave a nice lines ;) LOL

btw dan how the hell do they last you 12 months? mine are lucky to last 3 weeks lol

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The first time I came across Highway max's I was reallly out of cash and I needed tyres so badly my brother bought gave me some cash and said go and get some remoulds so I did. I remember asking the guy at the shop if they had any kind of traction and he was like, well they are a cheap remould so it probably wont be good. Anyway got them on and drove out of town (this was in the VP in the earlier days but it was still pretty quick like 5.9 / 6 flat to 60mph) Anyway I pulled up on the road which was a little wet and booted it and they just STUCK you couldn't get the grin off my face, I knew it was a revelation after that very first time :). I only do about 5,000 ks a year but I get 3 race meetings and a few months out of a pair. I'm sure you could get 30,000ks out of them granny driving, but you wont get 60 70 80,000 like you can with the old slippery hard like rock $100 family car specials. Alot of people say oh I wouldn't run remoulds they aren't as safe but I swear you are 10x more likely to stack and die on RE92 (which are a long way from being the most slippery tyre around) than you are on highway max's plus I've seen plenty of them at well over 200 km/h during burnouts without falling apart