Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yup, they're stronger than any other tyre I've had experience with. I've seen guys in Brisbane do skids on brand new tyres that they picked up for $75 each through mates at tyre shops, and after a few skids on the brand newwies they're all cracked and chipped, and sometimes peeling. And that's from a proper tyre. I've never seen a Highway Max peel or chip after abuse :)

Oh, and I get so much life out of my tyres, 'cause I don't do skids or cut loops :p I bought my current set of Highway Max tyres for the stato when I moved back to Melbourne in July, and the fronts still look spankin' new aside from some minor camber wear, and the rears are about halfway through their tread depth due to severe camber wear. And the stato has done nearly 20,000km in that time. If I had the camber at the back fixed up, there would be much longer left in the rears still :)

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Yup, they're stronger than any other tyre I've had experience with. I've seen guys in Brisbane do skids on brand new tyres that they picked up for $75 each through mates at tyre shops, and after a few skids on the brand newwies they're all cracked and chipped, and sometimes peeling. And that's from a proper tyre. I've never seen a Highway Max peel or chip after abuse :)

Oh, and I get so much life out of my tyres, 'cause I don't do skids or cut loops :p I bought my current set of Highway Max tyres for the stato when I moved back to Melbourne in July, and the fronts still look spankin' new aside from some minor camber wear, and the rears are about halfway through their tread depth due to severe camber wear. And the stato has done nearly 20,000km in that time. If I had the camber at the back fixed up, there would be much longer left in the rears still :)

but Morton... l.w.b. drifting and hoops are the bomb! nothing quite like being in the back seat of a stato cutting a 360 at speed!

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I beg to differ :)

I think cruising slowly through the hills on a sunny summer's day with the window down and Pink Floyd oozing out the stereo would rank higher than a few circles in a cul de sac. Although that's a very VERY close second ;) ^_^

vp_304

Reaction score
What you guys paying each for the highway max fitted and balanced ?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
are they made by that company highway tyres?

or would i be able to get some in nsw. as i got given a set of mags. they have ling long tyres on them. not very good.

so some of theese seem the go. thanks alot guys

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
you should be able to get them..... i went to a tyrepower around my area (sunshine) and if i remember right it cost me 60 or 69 each installed... balanced and all that crap :)

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
they sound goos, might have to look into them next time im after tyres

btw morton, why does it now say "Really Good" tyres in ur sig.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
are they made by that company highway tyres?

or would i be able to get some in nsw. as i got given a set of mags. they have ling long tyres on them. not very good.

so some of theese seem the go. thanks alot guys

fix ur damn signiture so u only get linked when we click on the text, its annoynig clicking on a blank spot and the page changes.

btw highmax tyres are great, had a set on the stock calais rims till i brought the 18s.

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
when i acquire a set of vn calais rims i will be running these tyres.

just had a look on the website and they dont seem to have a sizes list. do they have pretty much every 'normal' size for 15's etc? (205's, 215's, 225's?)
what are you guys running on what width rims?

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
they make all sizes between 14's and 17 (235s) i think is the largest size, the majority of the guys here run 15" 225/60 rears and 215/65(or 60) fronts.