Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hilarious over quotes

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
While some things here are over quotes there also appears to be a lot of people who don't realize these shops are running a business, not a charity. Just because you did it yourself for half the price doesn't mean you were over quoted.

this ^^^

it was kinda my point about the whole "3500 to rebuild a gearbox only 800 in parts, and 35,000 to do a rhd conversion when i could do it myself"

seems that some people think because they can do it themselves, then worshops with all the associated overheads and customer service should also do it for free.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Also people these days are not loyal, which works in your favor. With my car all work is done by one shop, I don't pay for retunes at all and performance parts I pay their cost price.
Same as my work, I will give good discounts to regular, loyal customers, everyone else shopping around can eat a cock.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I'm pretty similar. I either give repeat customers a discount or go the extra mile.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
as a customer I always try to go to the same place that has looked after me,however as time goes on I have had to change workshops either because of the costs going up ridicously high or the quality of workmanship is starting to suffer.
as the saying goes trust and loyalty is earned from both sides over time
just my opinion

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
as a customer I always try to go to the same place that has looked after me,however as time goes on I have had to change workshops either because of the costs going up ridicously high or the quality of workmanship is starting to suffer.
as the saying goes trust and loyalty is earned from both sides over time
just my opinion

Did that for the past 10 years. Then management changed and they all turned into a bunch of unhelpful, rude pricks so I've stopped taking my car there and stopped recommending them to anyone. It's a real shame after having a good relationship with them for so long.

Had one mob quote me $220 to run the clubby on the dyno for an afr reading. It's a 5 min job! I can appreciate the equipment is expensive but that much is ridiculous.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ABS brakes in collingwood. changed hands but the dude there used to be a ledgend.

i recently ordered some parts over the phone from them, not aware that it was different owners, i didnt ask the price prior to ordering. what normally wouldve cost less than 20 bucks set me back 80. they refused to drop the price when i went to pickup and cos it was part of a larger order (400 bucks) if i didnt pay for that one part i didnt get any.

doubt ill go back there. i can order everything online for cheaper, but i used to use them cos' i had a good rapport with the previous owner.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Was looking for a tap a while ago (the thread type, not water) and got quoted $86 from the first place. Thought holy ****, went to three other places and it turns out $86 isn't that bad. The dearest was $160. 3/8 BSPF.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Did that for the past 10 years. Then management changed and they all turned into a bunch of unhelpful, rude pricks so I've stopped taking my car there and stopped recommending them to anyone. It's a real shame after having a good relationship with them for so long.

Had one mob quote me $220 to run the clubby on the dyno for an afr reading. It's a 5 min job! I can appreciate the equipment is expensive but that much is ridiculous.
$220 is still over priced, but if you find someone who can get a car on a dyno, strap it down, get fans in place and on, hook up the sniffer/inlet air temp probe/boost, run it up in gear & do a few power runs in 5 mins................take it elsewhere, it's going to end in tears.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
$220 is still over priced, but if you find someone who can get a car on a dyno, strap it down, get fans in place and on, hook up the sniffer/inlet air temp probe/boost, run it up in gear & do a few power runs in 5 mins................take it elsewhere, it's going to end in tears.

Pfft, I could do it! I got a 3 speed fan from the office and some occy straps. Come at me!