Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hilux wheel nuts compatible with VR commodore?

Frenzal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec.
So firstly I'd like to apologize if this is a stupid question as I really have minimal knowledge on this topic.

Anyway, I'm getting sick of the ugly lock nuts on my VR. I don't have any spare regular wheel nuts but my old man has at least two full spare sets of Hilux wheelnuts (2003 model SR5). I've checked and they're the same size and fit perfectly, albeit stick out a bit further than the regular nuts. I'm having concerns though about the style of nut. The commodore nut is tapered and the hilux nut is shanked BUT it has a tapered bottom as well. Although the tapered area is smaller it still fits perfectly in the seat area of my commodore wheels. My question is; Would I have any issues using the Hilux wheel nuts on my Commodore? I can upload pictures if anyone is interested.

Just to clarify, I'd be swapping all the nuts over to the hilux ones, at least until I pick up some more commodore wheel nuts.