Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hilux with vp motor probs

tyler06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 wagon
Hey people,
I have an 84 hilux that i put a vp s2 v6 motor and auto box in which has been sweet til now. Now you have to take off ever so slowly otherwise the engine fuse blows. I have hard wired it to try n suss out the prob but it is when you take off in first it goes vroom bah (dies) then picks up agin and does it again. If you take off slow its fine and if your doing 20kms and put your foot down it drops back and revs out sweet as but just wont do it on take off. Has anyone come across this in their commodores? I dont think its a short because of just dying in first on take off. Also there doesnt seem to be any fuel prob because it is dropping back and revving out fine. It has ran fine for 6 mnths up until today. Any ideas?

tyler06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 wagon
Its ok found out what it was. The alternator shat itself and pumped too much voltage back through the car, which in turn made my wiring harness catch on fire so now it needs replacing!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
no good mate. glad it wasn't worse though!