Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hingo's VZ Calais

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
nice car mate!!

go the vz's !

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
It is attached to the centre top piece that can be pulled up separately from the rest of the console.
That little compartment is screwed in from the bottom.
Pull up the centre by grabbing the back section in front of the console lid and give it a quick but not to hard yank up wards.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Thanks again surfwagon, I'll give it a try.

Forgot that before you lift up the centre there is a little screw at the front under the lower spring loaded pocket in front of the shifter.
Pull out the rubber mat and the screw is off centre towards the drivers side.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
Looks good but I don't like the rims. I know you don't want aftermarket stuff so maybe some other holden rims?

i do think the silver on silver is a bit much, powder coated black would be sex
looked good on mine however the previous owner didnt know how to park (scuffed the crap outta em)

06vzcalais

Reaction score
Thanks surfwagon. I'm happy to keep it stock for now but Sigs do look nice if I ever went for an alternative.

I snapped the lid catch on the small storage compartment in the centre console last night cleaning the interior. I could have murdered somone. It seriously looks like a pain in the arse to replace. Any other Calais owners had to replace this? I'm talking about the little storage comparment where the cup holders are on the other models like Executive.

I made up a replacement catch with super glue, cable ties and whatever else I could find and it is back in working order but its more of a temporary fix. Looks like you would have to dismantle the whole centre console to replace it.

welcome to the calais club lol i think we all have snapped that catch, mines still broken but i just took out the spring mechanism so it stays closed
watch the little storage compartment behind the centre console below the passengers air vents the hinges get brittle and break also

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Got defected last week for worn front tyres. Damn carpark warriors. Now I have to get a ****ing pink slip.