Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hingo's VZ Calais

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hey guys. Been posting on here for a long time but never posted pictures of my car so I thought I'd better get out and take a couple of photos.

My car is a silver 2006 VZ Calais and I bought it in roughly October '08. My previous car was a '93 VR Calais and as much as I loved it, it was starting to show signs of its age and I felt it was time to upgrade.

I knew I wanted a VZ Calais because I have always thought they were one of the best looking Commodores ever made. I set off on my search for a VZ Calais around Canberra but after hours of searching, the only one I could find for sale was in the colour Martini which I very much dislike. I made one last attempt and had a look at the car yards in Fyshwick where I found one in silver with bone leather interior. Perfect! I took it for a drive and bought it that afternoon.

I have no plans for any mods at all. I like to keep my cars stock and in good condition. I think it is perfect how it is.

tower3.jpg

tower2.jpg

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Looks good but I don't like the rims. I know you don't want aftermarket stuff so maybe some other holden rims?

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thanks for the comment DUK13Y. I know not everyone is a fan of the Calais rims but I like them because they are a bit different. I like to keep things the same as it rolled out of the factory. I'm probably a bit old fashioned :)

Thanks Mike. I would have taken one if it had a spoiler but I'm kind of glad it doesn't. I reckon it looks cleaner without it.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Very nice. I agree about the rims though. My brother had a calais and the ssz wheels look soooooo much better, plus they're 18's!
Glad you're not looking at getting a spolier, looks so much better without it.

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Nice, but I hate the rims they look like really wide helicopter blades

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
for those of us that have them, they grow on you.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I like the standard VZ Calais rims too, but I prefer the VY Series 2 ones "just a little bit more". (Which is why I put them on my Berlina!)

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Wow! Two fans of the VZ Calais wheels! I must be dreaming! ;) Here I was thinking I was the only person in the world who likes them.

I like VY Series 2 rims as well Calaber. I prefere the VZ's because they don't have those funny little round indentations on them but they are still nice classy wheels.