Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hingo's VZ Calais

shanghaivzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
just a question to u guys,wat do ya's think of the shanghai colour on the calais,u know the dark red i think that is the best colour out of any of em,i was guna go 4 the martini but that was 2 common,i got mine in june last year 4 $28000 all up then 2 months later they were down 2 $22 $23 grand,so thats a bit dissapointing...

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
As Hingo said, he isn't a fan of martini and nor am I. I don't like the shanghai overly either. I love the look of the black, silver and white. And being my daily, I went for white as it seems to hide imperfections and dirt more than darker colours. I just sold a dark green botannica mica VS so I wanted white and I love it.

I bought my VZ Calais with 88,500kms on the clock just last month and I paid $15,000 which is a bargain in anyone's language lol :)

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
The prices are really dropping now. My mates dad just bought a VYII V6 calais w/cream leather interior for $14k. It's black too. Sweet car :yeah:

shanghaivzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
holdenonn....i just came back from WA driving the calais,i did over 10000 kays in 3 weeks an hardly used any oil an had no trouble with it at all a beautiful car to be in across the nullabor..,but my passenger seat shakes an i have a few rattles here an there after that trip...

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
just a question to u guys,wat do ya's think of the shanghai colour on the calais,u know the dark red i think that is the best colour out of any of em,i was guna go 4 the martini but that was 2 common,i got mine in june last year 4 $28000 all up then 2 months later they were down 2 $22 $23 grand,so thats a bit dissapointing...

I would have bought one in Shanghai. Its not my favourite colour but it isn't bad. I must say that that white, blue and silver are my favourites in the Calais. Black is also not bad. That silver/blue colour that it came out with is awesome. I definitely did not want one in Martini. I don't think it is an awful colour but its just not my cup of tea.

I plan on driving to Tasmania and back later this year. Thats going to rack up the K's but I'm not too worried. I plan on owning it for a long time anyway.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
I've got the Shanghai and when its clean and waxed it looks bloody impressive. Dirty, meh. Same with any colour I suppose. I wanted black but at least I got the tan interior.

shanghaivzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
VZCalzone...awesum its good to see sumone finally has the same colour combination as mine,its rare to even see the shanghai ones let alone ones with the bone leather,you guna keep yours stock standard,all i want to do to mine is put in a decent xenon hid headlight system an that basically all i want,i think cars look better factory standard not spoiling a car with all the crap...

shanghaivzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
hingo...just going back to what you said when you were looking around 4 your calais,about having trouble finding one in ACT,when i was looking around 4 mine in early 08 in victoria the amount of vz calais with ex ACT plates was amazing,nearly everyone i looked at, at dealers an auctions was from canberra,all ex politicians cars...apparently my one that i have was a follow car for prime minister john howard so my ones got sum good history...my point is i think victoria has taken all the act's calais, when they were trading em an getting the ve's,because in melb you see heaps of em...so yeah just thought id post that