Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hip Hop

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Never heard of SPM. Ive got a couple of Tupac albums but to be honest I could never really get into him. I know he is this massive legend among hip hop I cant get into it. I love his style and his lyrics but I dunno.

Anyone heard of J Dilla? He was one of the best producers hip hop has ever seen and did work for De La Soul, Common, The Roots and Q tip. He passed away a couple of months ago. I bought his last album called Donuts that is just full of beats he made. They are really good. Anyone who loves soulful jazzy beats should invest in it. Two of the best beats I have ever heard are on it. Mash and Anti American Graffiti. If anyone has time I suggest they download those tracks. Do your ears a favour. RIP J Dilla.

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
yeah ive heard of j dilla...hes done alot of producing for busta rhymes...hes pretty sweet..he did that song on bustas 'the big bang' called 'you can't hold a torch' feat q tip

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Yeh he also did De La Souls 'Stakes is high" which is awesome and Commons 'The Light' which is also one of my favourites.

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
man how good is that de la soul song 'i c yall' feat busta rhymes...the beat is so sweet

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Yeh pretty sweet. I hadnt heard it cos i dont have that album but i downloaded it and it alright.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I don't really like Hip Hop / Rap, its good now and then. But out of the few Rap artists I like 50c and Lil Jon, YEaaaaaaaHH!!!

Man no wonder you dont really like it you ony listen to two of the worst MCs going around. Thats what most of my mates say. Hip hop is crap "gangster gangster". There are rappers out there with mad skills that have something intelligent to say. All someone has to hear is the word f**k in a song and they label it crap.

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I have a myriad of taste in music, but like they say, hip hop/rap is da bomb. It was Pac that turned me on to it, although the old shool had some stars like Curtis Blow and Sugar Hill Gang. Love the collaboration between Aerosmith and Run DMC with "Walk this way" back in the day.

I liked Fiddy Cents for a while, but he lacks originality. All the boy can rap about centers around what is between a woman's legs. I dont have a problem with that, but surely you can broaden your horizon. I can listen to Luda and K Wes and they, but Pac is surreal. I think Ghetto Gospel is pretty good in its boundary crossing. His philosophy had great irony that forced you to think. That is one of the greatest gift of the muse...the art of making you think.

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
exzibit & Dr Dre... original and sum of the best.

Amen to that! I like alot of hip hop but dont listen to it as much as I used to as I got into the club sceene a few years back and took a liking to dance music too. I still listen to some of the more commercial stuff like The Game, G-Unit, T.I. **** like that. And still love Dre, Xzibit, Method Man and more. My 2c!