Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hip Hop

OFFiTS

..::kRiiSSi::..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS
Are any of you's going to the block party at the palace this friday, hill top hoods will be there plus heaps of others????

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Not strictly Hip hop but the great Dark Man X is touring OZ! Hopefully he'll do mostly old stuff cause his new stuff is weak, but he is up there as one of the most successful rappers of all time, far better then Biggie - who has to be most overrated lyricist of all time, and almost as good as Method Man Tickets to Melbourne show at the Metro are like $80, with Savage (the Kiwi) supporting.

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
Not strictly Hip hop but the great Dark Man X is touring OZ! Hopefully he'll do mostly old stuff cause his new stuff is weak, but he is up there as one of the most successful rappers of all time, far better then Biggie - who has to be most overrated lyricist of all time, and almost as good as Method Man Tickets to Melbourne show at the Metro are like $80, with Savage (the Kiwi) supporting.

man your one funny dude...if you seriously think DMX is a better rapper than Biggie you need to clean out your ears, buy Ready to Die, lay off whatever you were smoking, stop calling him overrated and start appreciating good hip hop when you hear it.

If you want reasons why Biggie is one thousand times better than DMX I will gladly give them to you.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
aussie hip hop all the way
been crankin matty b lately... also like downsyde, hilltop hoods apart from their current album, train of thought

dont really like lyrical comission - too americanised and bliss n eso is overrated

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I only really like the old skool stuff, some of the stuff is just timeless compared to the crap they put out these days. All time favourite song Is Gangstas Paradise, fav cd I have ever bought was the Above the Rim single with Regulate, Pain, Mi Monie Rite and Loyal to the Game. I'm not much into hip hop now only recentish stuff I really liked is Jay-z's & Linkin Park's Collision Course.

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
man your one funny dude...if you seriously think DMX is a better rapper than Biggie you need to clean out your ears, buy Ready to Die, lay off whatever you were smoking, stop calling him overrated and start appreciating good hip hop when you hear it.

If you want reasons why Biggie is one thousand times better than DMX I will gladly give them to you.

Yes i would like reasons. I'd imagine they would include his ability to freestyle (which DMX doesnt/cannot do), his reputation amongst the industry as one of the greatest if not the greatest of all time, and his complex lyrical abilities etc.

I incorrectly used the term lyricist above (i meant his style/delivery) as i havent listened to enough of his stuff to comment on his lyrics - because I just find his style so boring that i couldnt listen to Ready to Die without falling asleep. jks. Id rather listen Its Dark and hell is hot, or Flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood. (DMX's recent albums are poor) So, i amend my above statement to:

IMO Biggie Smalls whilst critically acclaimed and highly talented is not the best (or third best or whatever he was voted) rapper of all time.

I'll give you one reason why DMX is superior: He has a beef with Oprah! 'Nuff said

*puts down crack pipe*

Last edited: