Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hissing from back of car

henstepper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore Executive s2
I took my car out of the garage, went to close the garage door and heard a hissing sound coming from the rear of the car. First time I have ever heard this sound. It lasted for about a minute then stopped. It sounded like air being let out of the tyre, but I checked the tyres no obvious signs of leakage. I went to the servo and tyre pressures were ok. I let the car sit then started the engine to see if it came back and didn't. What could have been the cause?

henstepper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore Executive s2
I would like to think it was that easy but it's coming from the fuel tank I have discovered. So that tells me it's excess air in the fuel tank and it letting it out. Now what i don't know if that is normal because I have never heard it before. Or if it's a loose fuel cap or blocked fuel pump. I will try by a new cap seeing thats the cheaper thing to try first

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just try unscrewing the cap before you start it. See if air gushes out. I think more likely a fuel pump / filter issue