Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hissing from top radiator hose?..

Brody Sherri

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS L67 & VY CALIAS ECOTEC
Hissing noise from top radiator hose ?? Car isn't overheating no issues but I recently changed my inlet manifold gaskets I didn't do a coolant flush and stuff should I be flushing my coolant and re adding more
If so do I.need.to flush the hole block ect or just the RAD
Probs stupid question but I got idea I seen people with write ups flushing there.block or just radiator what's the go there
20210801_221122.jpg

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
did you bleed the air out of the system after you changed the inlet gaskets by filling with coolant, unscrewing that screw in your pic until coolant starts dribbling out, then re-tighten? I wouldn't bother with a flush unless there is oil or contaminates in the coolant. Just add more to the appropriate fill line. It is very important to bleed the air out of the system with the ecotec v6 as I said previously.

Brody Sherri

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS L67 & VY CALIAS ECOTEC
did you bleed the air out of the system after you changed the inlet gaskets by filling with coolant, unscrewing that screw in your pic until coolant starts dribbling out, then re-tighten? I wouldn't bother with a flush unless there is oil or contaminates in the coolant. Just add more to the appropriate fill line. It is very important to bleed the air out of the system with the ecotec v6 as I said previously.
I will do that mate cheers