Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] hit a gutter...front end damage

Josh2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Gday guys,
Got pritey much ran off the road today by a douche bag in an import veering onto the wrong side. Was coming down round a big sweeping left hander and had to avoid a head which has ended up with me out of control and up the gutter on somebodys front lawn only missing a tree by about half a metre! I hit the gutter almost front on but i think ive had my wheel turned inwards a bit on impact. When im driving now the steering is really jerky but stiff in a straight line and seems to have a little give in it before it engages when turning, not as bad when your into the turn until you get to full lock then its horrible and makes a bit of noise...wheel seem to be centred and i cant really seem to find visable damage (ill admit i know nextt to nothing about steering/suspension lol).
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what might be the problem? I need it for work on monday and am working on a poor mans budget lol as i had no work all damn week last week due to the rain...located in newcastle nsw, any one reccomend anywhere to get it fixed (ill get parts) or any members that could help for a couple bucks and/or beers haha.

Cheers for your time

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The least would be the rack.....unfortunately, the best option is take it to a suspension joint to assess properly....otherwise it'll be an expensive guessing game over the internet