Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HK 327GTS Monaro

Barberoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute
This thread is for the general discussion of the item HK 327GTS Monaro. Please add to the discussion here.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I wanted one... never got one (scarce)
went and bought its big brother... HT Monaro GTS350 big tank manual version :)
lots of fun that

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
In the 90's when I was 21 I was going to buy a hg monaro until I drove a VC commodore. I never thought much of their road holding as a young petrol head in the 90's the few that would beat my commodore in a straight line never had the road holding to sit on a 160 k's like a commodore can with the air con on. Not the sort of car I like to drive no power steering I drove a hk with that ram system once what a horrible steering car that was I don't think the race cars had power steering .

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
In the 90's when I was 21 I was going to buy a hg monaro until I drove a VC commodore. I never thought much of their road holding as a young petrol head in the 90's the few that would beat my commodore in a straight line never had the road holding to sit on a 160 k's like a commodore can with the air con on. Not the sort of car I like to drive no power steering I drove a hk with that ram system once what a horrible steering car that was I don't think the race cars had power steering .

Yea the fords steer way better when you compare them with all new bushes and tie rod ends ect.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Love them..always wanted silver mink with red interior 327 GTS.

Always out of reach hence ended up with minature monaro....my lc gtr.

Got give wall picture of red hk gts 30 odd years ago...it's still up on wall every house I've lived in.

Yes...I entered monaro raffles all over youtube for yellow hg (lost :( ) also in for hk muzzie.

Driven & worked on a few...even one of the mates wanted me to go apeshite joyride in his 11sec ht gts...drove it like a granny when saw it's 120k insurance valuation...probably up another 50k now.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
had a 327 and put it into a light pole. had just reco'd the motor.bought the wreck back from the insurance, sold it and combined with payout bought a HG 350. ended up trading it in on a HJ Statesman. hindsight is a wonderful tool.
cheers

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
had a 327 and put it into a light pole. had just reco'd the motor.bought the wreck back from the insurance, sold it and combined with payout bought a HG 350. ended up trading it in on a HJ Statesman. hindsight is a wonderful tool.
cheers
yeah ... tell me about it
I sold my HT GTS 350 dealer gave me $4,000
spent the cash on an XU1 and beer

you know what a HT GTS350 manual goes for these days? :eek:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
The GTS 327 and the GTS 350 were cheap back in the early days of 1968 and 1970. I bough my HQ GTS 308 with dual exhaust and electr1c window back in late 1971 for $4150 give and take $50 here and there but at the same time the Dealer was trying to sell me a Yellow HG 350 Man for the same price but did not like the cheapness of the 350 stickers..
The HG 350 would be worth a lot of money today but even then the HQ 308 that cost me $4150 would be worth over $100,000 today as I'm the original owner + I still have the Original documents that come with the car with the first registration with the Dealer Papers from Earns Jones Holden Bankstown
I still have the slip of the Deposit for $50 for the GTS. I think the car was made in Pagewood Sydney NSW and got it on the 20th of December 1971

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY