Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hm Headers Exhaust

Ibsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute/VF SSV Sedan
Booked in my VF SS Ute in for this Friday for abit of work done at BTA Motorsports. From what i was told it will be all supplied from HmHeaders.

• BTA Custom Tune
• BTA Spec OTR intake
• Full BTA-spec 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust System (inc extractors and high flow cats)

$5000

Is that reasonable or is it over priced?
In comparison to the same setup in Xforce 2½" for $4200 from Autowerks Automotive is doesn't seem overly bad but i could be wrong.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Before he moved to Autowerks Sonny did my OTR, dyno tune, and gearbox tweak for $1750, xforce catback for $750, excellent job too.
So full exhaust for $4200 is good and can recommend his work and tune.
BTA is unknown, nice website. HM is expensive and relatively rare on our cars.
At $5000 budget I would also speak to Walkinshaw Penrith for warranted insurance and resale consideration.
However if it were me I'd call Race Solutions at Penrith for quote on DuSpeed OTR with a couple of full exhaust options and complete drivetrain tune through OzTrack.
Fill with United e85 at Blaxland at least a tank before the day. :yarr:

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
a Walkinshaw W310 package for a VF runs to $6500 vs your quote of 5k..same kit,ceramic coated headers the only "extra" feature..doesn't specify if 3" on Formulatech site(mine and perth's walkinshaw fitter)but assume it would be.I have 3" catback,cai,tune + lowering from them on my ute(got nearly an extra 40kw's from that without headers/cats)...good gear imo and looks and sounds great but they are somewhat pricey...warranty is provided for the term of your holden warranty which provides some peace of mind as to resale benefit down the track ? ..not too sure.

5 grand seems a pretty good price to me,no idea if there is a catch,except as PIR4TE states,their gear isn't on many VE's that I know of either

Some people are not a huge fan of x-force gear,,also you could ask "not an abba fan" on this forum via pm for his opinion,he has a good reputation from many.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Xforce exhausts flow alright and sound ok but their headers and cats aren't real flash. Go with pacemaker and venom race cats and then xforce cat back and you'll have as good flowing exhaust as any other for good value for money. Somewhat harder to specify when you want drive in drive out work though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ibsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute/VF SSV Sedan
Thanks alot guys for your input, guess im going to go ahead with HMheaders Exhaust tomorrow. The guy at BTAmotorsports seemed confident the quality on them wont
disappoint. Guess we will find out the follow day when i pick it up.

GUZZLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ssv redline ute
Thanks alot guys for your input, guess im going to go ahead with HMheaders Exhaust tomorrow. The guy at BTAmotorsports seemed confident the quality on them wont
disappoint. Guess we will find out the follow day when i pick it up.

Hey mate, have you got an update on this? Were you happy with the work BTAM did, the gear they supplied and the results? Also, how long did they have your car for?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I have the HM setup on my ute, fairly happy apart from the supplied v-bands are not very good. I'm replacing those soon with a more sturdy set to fix the exhaust leaks. Fairly happy on sound though (both before and after cam fitment).

The setup COULD be slightly throatier I guess, but HM use short primaries on the headers and it's the long headers that tend to deepen the note.