Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HM headers

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Anyone use HM headers? Paceys are the aesthetically better option but i've heard HM are a bit better in terms of performance. Opinions?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
V6 or V8?

HM Headers have a broader power band and will give extra power from just above idle, whilst Pacemakers dont really kick in til around 3000rpm.

Pacemaker will give you more MAX power though, just the power band is not as broad as that of HM.

Pacemaker look better and are better built and imo they are the better option.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
yer hm are made outter thinner material but u can get it in stainless/mild steel more power all over paceys from what i have read just dont look as good and they are tuned where as pacemakers arnt. im goin HMs when i get the $$

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
im goin HM headers when i get tha cash. from what i have herd and read they hav more power and alot louder over paceys and they are actually tuned to your cars engine where as pacemakers arnt. HMs are made out of thinner material tho but i dont think ur gonna be wearing a hole in them any time soon even tho they come with a 10yr warranty. they come in mild steel or stainless.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
from what i read hm headers **** all over paceys louder more pick up and power. they are designed specifically to ur engine where as paceys arnt. only bad things i know about em is the welds arnt cleaned and dont look as good, HM use thinner material and sum ppl may think its too loud
im gettin hm's

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
V6, i've read the large thread on "that other forum" compring the two but i've only ever been in cars with paceys installed, I was hoping maybe someone here would have some feedback on HM.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I have been in a car with HM and I honestly prefer being in my mates VL with his paceys. Offline the car is no different but VN's are pretty good offline anyway. Top end the Pacey's will eat the HM headers up.

Pacemaker all the way :p

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
well im goin HM i dont see the point having the same setup as every1 else. at the end of the day its going to be no diffrent to any1 elses. I read alot of good things about hm's and the only bad things i herd was the material is thinner than pacey and it may be too loud for some .

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
My mates got HM's on his vs and they sound alright but my pacey's on my vn are heaps louder. If you listen to both cars next to each other the vn's idle sticks out.I wouldn't knock pacemakers i reckon they are better than HM's.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The truth is no one knows what are the best headers for the v6 the companies don't even bother to list the length of the pipes, HM are often said to be the best but as far as I can see in the few brands I've seen pictures of none of them are long enough to do anything magical.

May as well just run the factory tube headers from a series one VN :)