Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hmm Rekon I'm Stuffed..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
HoZy said:
Hopefully I'm good enough etc etc, I'll have my P's the Monday after my B'day, So September 11th...

Cheers
MaT
A very lucky day..

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If anybody gets shitty at you for driving slowly, stop the car and threaten them with a beating from your camera.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
My dad taught me how to drive manual first... to the stage that i could drive a manual properly and confidently... Then had 3 or so lessons with an instructor to iron out anything he could pick then went for my test and passed first go :)

Oh and some tips, dont be affraid to give the car some revs, the more the better, you wont stall then, and elt the clutch up slowly, once its in the grab zone hold it there for a few seconds then let it out... eventually it will all come naturally to you.

Just take your time and dont rush things.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
the instructor is there to help you, not screw you over ;)

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
i never went to an instructor. i just did a hell of a lot of crashing gears etc on the farm hacks till i got that right then just applied the steering side of things lol. Worked for me.
it should be a breeze, just dont get c o c k y about it and u would b sweet, as mentioned above, the instructor is not there to screw u over

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
Infus10n said:
Just take your time and dont rush things.

thats about all u need to know right there...first time i tryed to rush and i failed, went second go...n i aced i was a lot calmer and yeah it shows man

good luck MaT

cheers, Todd

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
go with the flow, just keep it gentle and smooth :)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
For a manual. Just master the clutch and that's it..

If you can find the friction point without any drama's, simple..

A few other things..

If you're making a turn, only use the fourth gear. If you're feeling cautious use 3rd. Any lower and you're just showing the assesor you can't drive..

When doing the hillstart, go flat out the accelerator and quickly release the clutch. You'll dart forward, better then rolling back..

Drift around turns to show the assesor you can control a car in conditions of no traction, such as rain.

Pull a few standstills to show him your brakes are working..

Hmm, that's abot it..

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
your an ass shounak...lol....

its easy as mat...

Its the hard things like mirror and **** you've got to master..

did you know that when you cahnge gears you must look in your mirrors, appaharently when you change the car decelrates adn could cause an accident.!!! assesors may take points off. Manual is hard for technicalitys.... i got mine fist go with a 2point only loss.... bloody 3 point turn.....

stuck with anything mat im here, can easy show you through it... manuals are fun, not hard. oh and roundabouts, coners, anthing wich requires rolling must be done in 2nd....

to master hill starts.... pracxtise on a hill... handbrake on, clucth in, bring revs to 1.5k slowly bring clutch out, when the revs drop bak a little, to say 1, or 0.7.. thast the friction, if you take your brake off then, it will just hold... more roll bak, less will stall, accelate a bit more and youll start to roll forward slowly... have a play...

my instructor got me to park on a corner, on a hill, behind a car.... then reverse handbrake start back up the same hill, i fuk up i hit the car in front.,... damn i learnt fast!

aZk.