Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hmm Rekon I'm Stuffed..

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
You seem to be a bright enough young fella.

Treat it like a job. Go there, get in the car and just do what your boss tells you to do. If you are mature and sensible there is nothing to worry about.

When I got my license 10 years ago I had that attitude. I just got in the car, did all the things you are supposed to do to satisfy the instructor such as adjusting all the mirrors and putting on your seat belt before turning the key, not holding your left hand constantly on the gear knob (which I like to do :D) and taking your foot off the clutch pedal after changing gears unless it's nessesary to have your foot resting on the clutch. Don't worry about it. My instructor looked damn bored when I was driving.

Best of luck. :thumbsup:

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
the only thing i dont like is the lack of feel in newer cars gearboxes. the take up point in just not there!
also just my thoughts but did you know that if you are in vic and do an auto licence you go to manual when you get your full licence!
what crap!
what do you guys think?
(sorry for the hi-jack).

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Move to SA, one license fits all here.

Practise is the only thing that will increase your skill, although, some people 'can' drive manual, and get it straight away, and some people just never get it. No offence intended, but being male, chances are you'll be fine.

V

vnberlwagon

Watch the roundabouts, most instructors don't u/stand that anything on YOUR right must be given right of way. Don't act like yoy know e/thing and don't act dumb, tell the instructor what you believe you are good at. Tell them when YOU feel you are ready for the test o/wise they try to milk more lesson from ya.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Well I'm off, Back In an hour or so...

Cheers
MaT

:driving:

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
You will be fine if you can drive manual,you can drive anything and be a better driver,dont be scared,driving is like riding a bike you are worried you will not get it but once you do,your mind will not even realise you are doing it and u will get better like anything with experience!

GOOD LUCK!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Little Maroon Pulsar! hahaha VRooooooooooooooooooooM!

Nah was alright, Stalled once, Didnt bunny hop it none of that...

All is good, He wants to take me out 2morrow morning at 10am aswell, want's to do other stuff...

Cheers
MaT

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Nice work, I find if I have not driven a manual for a while and then I drive one in the city I spend all my time concentrating on driving smoothly and end up

missing turns and not noticing things. Once you get the hang of it it's better than an auto in my opinion. Anyway, good luck with your manual licence.

Steve.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I love driving a manual. I always drive my mates cars, I don't let em drive (even though I got an Auto license)..

After you can do a hill start without thinking, you can do anything..