Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hmm Rekon I'm Stuffed..

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
back from a second lesson already, he wanted to see how i'd go up & down princes highway in light traffic, goodo!!!!!!! didnt stall, Didnt bunny hop, Handbrake start an he goes halfway through "mathew you do realise im not ****ing touching my peddles your doing this yourself.."

he was funny as hell today, talkin bout a manuals like banging a chick, i highly agree... lol

Cheers
MaT

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i only did one professional session in a manual and was told i was right to go for the test, though i had had experience in a manual.

what is your car hozy? auto or manual?

i hope auto, cos it scares the hell outta me that there are kids out there who just scrape through, driving a manual when they only do a handful of sessions in one at the last minute.

anyhow, goodluck.

quick story, we had BUCKETS of rain last night, this young lad rounds a corner, obviousely used to holding the clutch in for a corner (i cant be sure but i was told never to do this), lets it out once he was around and lost it. i could tell he wasnt being a smartarse, just didnt have the knowhow.
moral? practise your arse off in every condition as much as the next.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
HoZy said:
P.S- Any pointers...... No harm in asking.:driving: <- None of that haha

The mantra "If in doubt, power out" has served me well over the years :D

Reaper

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
My driving lesson last nighw was at night in the rain, today during day semi-dry...

My car's auto, Looking at either manual conversion this x-mas or a HQ 1 tonner 5speed supra box :)

Cheers
MaT

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
subdue said:
You will be fine if you can drive manual,you can drive anything

GOOD LUCK!

Not quite - if you can drive an 18sp road ranger gearbox you can drive anything. they are a real bugger unless you have practice all the time!

Reaper

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
Reaper said:
Not quite - if you can drive an 18sp road ranger gearbox you can drive anything. they are a real bugger unless you have practice all the time!

Reaper

but not as much of a bugger as a Mack "B" series with a Quad box. Now they really take getting used to.

BTW. If you don't know what a Quad box is, it has 2 sticks, & you use your left hand to shift the 4 speed main box, and simultaneously use the right hand to shift the 3 speed splitter box (which is next to the main box lever on the left) while steering the (non power steering) truck with your right arm through the steering wheel spokes.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
My VN is only my second auto car. I always wanted an auto as I though it was better for city driving, but now i've got one I want a manual again!!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
nomad said:
but not as much of a bugger as a Mack "B" series with a Quad box. Now they really take getting used to.

BTW. If you don't know what a Quad box is, it has 2 sticks, & you use your left hand to shift the 4 speed main box, and simultaneously use the right hand to shift the 3 speed splitter box (which is next to the main box lever on the left) while steering the (non power steering) truck with your right arm through the steering wheel spokes.

Never tried it but i'll take your word for it. I could drive the RR for my HR license but haven't touched one since and would have to put in some serious practice before I did anything serious with it again.

Reaper

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
hmm, be carefull at round abouts really cause they as very strict bout them on your P's test your not aloud to have any one else in the round about when u take off or they slam on the break and call a fail.

but any way, i got lucky on my P's test. i was so freaking scared, but instructor and the tester where talking made me miss a turn and ended up cutting my test by like 10 minutes so i got it easy drove for like 10 minutes did my parking and then back to vic roads and got my licesne,

very scarey driving a sardine can tho, my instuctors car was a little yellow hyundai tiny felt very squished,

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i wouldnt mind getting my manual for the sake of having it but i've only driven an XF falcon around a yard in 1st, and a hilux up a road once [ didnt do too bad in the hilux, just gotta get used to lifting off when shifting lmao ]