Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hmmm what to do.........

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
ok fellas
i need help on what i should do about my current car situation,
im just about to get my p's n my dad went halves with me earlier last year for a 2002 auto vy executive ($6000). The car is nice but has done around 200,000 but runs very nice and is in generally good nik. I have been told that by the time i sell this car it will have depreciated in price and wouldnt be worth alot and i also would really like a manual. I was planning on buying a V8 :) as soon as im off p's to.

My first option would be to keep this car for the rest of my p's and spend the 5 grand i have recently saved up on tyres (i already have rims ready), exaust, lowering, soundsystem, debadging, new centreconsole(stratched) and taking the wing off.

Secondly i was thinking of buying a 2004 vy series 2 executive manual, i would have around 11 grand and my dad would help me out as long as i pay him off, this way i could have a more recent car, manual, wouldnt depreciate as much?, and i could gradually work up from there. The car would be stocko for a while, maybe i could put the rims on. I am not that fusy and can be patient if i want to so i think i could wait to modify the car,

Just let us know what you would choose, my hearts going for the vy, with 5 grands worth of mods, but my heads goin for the stocko vy choice.

thanks heaps, any advice would be appreciated ay

sorry if this is confusing

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
haha thats similar to what i might do.... chuck in a v8 after abit =D

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
How about waiting until your off your P's and then gettin' an SS or SV8? They are going cheap now and I doubt they will regain their value so you should be fine waiting on it. Who knows, by that time you might even be able to get a VY or VE for your budget.

Maybe get the Stereo for the current care cause if you keep the existing stereo you can always take it out again and put it into the next car.

Just my thoughts. Better things come to those who wait :)

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I'm kinda in the same boat. Just hold onto the exec and buy that SS in a few years. Don't go crazy and spend heaps of money on the exec as you won't recoup it and if your only holding it for a few years, no point.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Cars are going so cheap. Its best to hold off. I just saw a WM Statesman for under $29k with about 60,000kms. If I didnt buy the caprice last month I would have taken it for a drive.

Tiger28

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Exec
I would keep the car as the Vy v6 is reliable and a great first car and put a set of rims on it thats all.Get some experience first driveing before you go for a v8 and most importanty a good rating for insuranse or else get ready to pay big $$$$$.Its true cars are going alot cheaper these days I bought a Vy Exc 2003 with 113000 on the clock with service history fully optioned with fe2,side airbags,factory alarm,front and back elec widows in awsome condition for $9500 with 12 mts reg and rwc.