Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden’s new VF Commodore out and about

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
*flame suit on*

I actually think that looks quite good.
Yeah it actually does doesn't it. The ute seems a perfect fit for that front, but sedan would look terrible.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
IMO, the whole new Camaro looks terrible. For looks alone, give me the original.

Verada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY series 11 Exec
VF Malidore

Just stumbled upon this thread. looks like Spyman was right. I too call it the VF Malidore or should that be Commabu ? How about Cruzadore ? I will say this, VF is one shocker of a car! Did they employ the guy that designed the AU Falcon to do this thing ?

I wanted to like VF so much but... I can't! I think this car will be Holden's down fall! As far as I'm concerned the last Commodore was VE this VF thing is a Daewoo ! I guess it had to have U.S influence to sell there but even the Yanks don't like this thing. Dashboard in it is one of the most hideous things I have seen in a long time. Front end especially on Evoke good lord ! God may save the Queen but nothing will save VF ! You can tidy up the rear if you buy one, just remove boot insert tail lights and have panel beater smooth boot over so it's flush, rear looks much better then it does now. Can't fix up that dreaded front end unless you rip all the panels off and retro fit VE front.

Still...You are left with that hideous dash with twin toilet rolls for instrument binnacle and Sony Wega TV screen smack bang in middle of Korean Malibu dash in it.

Electric hand brake ! Pass on that i'll take the ratchet lever any day! I do hope it sells for Holden employee's sake. can't see it though, Think people will avoid this VF Daewoo like the plague. I think if Holden were left to design it without U.S influence we'd be looking at a very different car and an attractive one.

Just my two cents worth!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I thought the same as the above statement , until I actually saw it in the flesh it's quite good and drives nice as well .
By the by the person who designed the AU Falcon has not been seen or heard of for some time

Last edited:

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Verada, your opinion obviously doesnt matter. Dealers are selling them like hot cakes. And as above, they look a lot better in the flesh.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Just my two cents worth!

mmmm

anywho, seen a couple around and liking them - still not a fan of the arse end though - the front looks great, yet to see the interior up close but like what I've seen from pics.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Verada, you are in the minority mate.

- Most people don't like the back
- Most people like the front
- Everyone (except you) likes the interior