Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden 308

VN_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VT commodore
I have a friend who is restoring a HQ sl he scored a 308 for it and it supposed to be a bit lumpy, any how, when I was looking at the valley cover I noticed 8 1/2 inch holes in the manifold, 4 down each side, I have no idea really what there for, is any one able to shed some light on the matter please. chee:thumbsup:rs

Last edited:

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
I have a friend who is restoring a HQ sl he scored a 308 for it and it supposed to be a bit lumpy, any how, when I was looking at the valley cover I noticed 8 1/2 inch holes in the manifold, 4 down each side, I have no idea really what there for, is any one able to shed some light on the matter please. chee:thumbsup:rs

can you post up a picture, as it sounds like its a injected manifold.

VN_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VT commodore
I will try and get some pics for you, I can tell you now it isn't injected, it has a 4 barrel holy hanging onto the middle of the valley cover

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Sounds like someone had injection fitted to a carby type manifold, ie, with a four barrel type throttlebody.