Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Acadia - Kills ZB.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah I have been doing it for 12 years.

Yes tradies with their double cabs are amongst the worst speeding impossibly close following distances sometimes with a trailer braking distance would be 1.5 what a car is.
Then some other of them now are buying 4 tonne Isuzu trade pack trucks and still want to drive like maniacs at 120 130 again with a trailer on sometimes.
I leave the GC at 450 am on work days and tradies are roaring up to bris.
Something that really shits me is the impossibly harsh bright headlight bulbs that the latest model pos HiLux have. I have to dim my mirror as the light is blinding.

This is becoming more and more of a problem for anybody not in a SUV. Headlights are getting higher and higher on these SUV's and brighter too, blindingly dangerous. I really don't know how these pass regs as I'm sure there used to be rules about how high headlight could be for this exact reason. I think it's bloody dangerous.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Maybe it's time for Holden to offer 7 years warranty. They're basically viewed, quality wise, like KIA was 10 years ago now anyway. Worked for KIA as it gave customers a percieved risk free purchase. Maybe that might get a few people over the line for Holden.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
This is becoming more and more of a problem for anybody not in a SUV. Headlights are getting higher and higher on these SUV's and brighter too, blindingly dangerous. I really don't know how these pass regs as I'm sure there used to be rules about how high headlight could be for this exact reason. I think it's bloody dangerous.

Ah good. Not just me then...

Just as bad is people who replace halogens with LEDs (which is illegal) and don't have them adjusted properly...

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
goes to show that sedans and hatches are still selling. But the ones that are selling have a good rep. When Holden sell Korean rubbish at a higher price than the original equivalent its no wonder sales are so so for GMH.

The only Korean sedan Holden sell is the Astra, and the Euro-built hatch outsells it three or four to one...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Definitely not, it's becoming a pet hate. It sucks when driving at night and you have to adjust your mirrors to not be blinded by all the SUV's around you let alone those coming at you.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Maybe it's time for Holden to offer 7 years warranty. They're basically viewed, quality wise, like KIA was 10 years ago now anyway. Worked for KIA as it gave customers a percieved risk free purchase. Maybe that might get a few people over the line for Holden.

They've already run that a couple of times as a promo - they may have to do it permanently... The only reason I've considered Kias is because of the warranty - you can run them for a few years and sell 'em off with plenty of factory warranty remaining... makes for an easier sell.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
The other bad thing about 2/3 cars on the road now being SUVs and dual cab utes is trying to see around the things.
Pretty much every day at a 2 lane intersection I can't see what's coming from my right if one of these things is in the lane next to me.
Not much fun reversing out of a spot at the shops either with one of these things parked either side.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Yeah I have been doing it for 12 years.

Yes tradies with their double cabs are amongst the worst speeding impossibly close following distances sometimes with a trailer braking distance would be 1.5 what a car is.
Then some other of them now are buying 4 tonne Isuzu trade pack trucks and still want to drive like maniacs at 120 130 again with a trailer on sometimes.
I leave the GC at 450 am on work days and tradies are roaring up to bris.
Something that really shits me is the impossibly harsh bright headlight bulbs that the latest model pos HiLux have. I have to dim my mirror as the light is blinding.

A mate of mine is a sales rep. and has a VFII SV6 Black and is on the Bruce highway most days - he hates diesel dual-cabs; reckons they tailgate him like crazy and as soon as there's a passing lane, they's don't have enough grunt to go uphill and pass him, so the tailgating cycle repeats...

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
The other bad thing about 2/3 cars on the road now being SUVs and dual cab utes is trying to see around the things.
Pretty much every day at a 2 lane intersection I can't see what's coming from my right if one of these things is in the lane next to me.
Not much fun reversing out of a spot at the shops either with one of these things parked either side.

Yep. Real happy that the Golf has got rear cross-traffic sensors... it's not a real tall car... :D

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Definitely not, it's becoming a pet hate. It sucks when driving at night and you have to adjust your mirrors to not be blinded by all the SUV's around you let alone those coming at you.
...and then there's these cnuts with a four-foot wide LED light bar which are so bright, they can't tell when other cars are approaching, so don't turn the fkrs off until way too late.

Grumble, grumble...