Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Acadia - Kills ZB.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
A mate of mine is a sales rep. and has a VFII SV6 Black and is on the Bruce highway most days - he hates diesel dual-cabs; reckons they tailgate him like crazy and as soon as there's a passing lane, they's don't have enough grunt to go uphill and pass him, so the tailgating cycle repeats...
Fun times. The cashed up bogan in a fancy commodore has been replaced by the cashed up dipshit driving a jacked up dual cab covered in bolt ons. Sleeve tattoo and wearing a style of hat only a teenage boy should wear..... just to complete the package.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The only Korean sedan Holden sell is the Astra, and the Euro-built hatch outsells it three or four to one...
Nah i was meaning the Daewoo Craptiva. Probably should have explained the post better. What i was saying is some sedans and hatches are still selling, those being the Toyotas. But the shitboxes Holden are giving us is SUVs at a higher price than if you bought the equivalent in the actual make not rebadged. Does that make sense?

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Fun times. The cashed up bogan in a fancy commodore has been replaced by the cashed up dipshit driving a jacked up dual cab covered in bolt ons. Sleeve tattoo and wearing a style of hat only a teenage boy should wear..... just to complete the package.

:p
:)
:D

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Nah i was meaning the Daewoo Craptiva. Probably should have explained the post better. What i was saying is some sedans and hatches are still selling, those being the Toyotas. But the shitboxes Holden are giving us is SUVs at a higher price than if you bought the equivalent in the actual make not rebadged. Does that make sense?

What you say makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is sticking a Holden badge on a GM-Daewoo and expecting us to fall for it...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wouldn't by a Daewoo and i especially wouldn't pay more for the same POS just because GM stick a Holden badge on it.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The only Korean sedan Holden sell is the Astra, and the Euro-built hatch outsells it three or four to one...
Is it? I think it is only the Trax these days. Astra Sedan was from Korea but the Astra hatch comes from Europe.

Edit ops I reread your post. you were only talking about sedans.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm just going to post this because I had a giggle at some comments.

I drive a Captiva. There's no "r" in its name because its been a decent car for the four years we've had it. It's not the Daewoo version, it's the ex Opel Antara Euro version, which never seemed to attract the adverse name of its slightly bigger brother. Its a wimp, 2.4 auto that wouldn't pull the skin off a custard, but it's economical, comfortable, easy to enter and egress and just the right size for two retirees. I didnt buy it to impress people (it IS a Captiva, after all) or because it was trendy. I think I might even have purchased it as a last loyal tilt at Holden before I eventually move to a other brand after 50 years of Holden loyalty.

I have one of those light bars fitted too, because, like most imports, the standard high beam is weak. It doesn't get much use, but I know when not to use it. I find it just as hard to reverse out of parking spots or see around other SUV's as any of you because some of them are stupidly huge. I get pissed off at the tailgating morons in their bully-boy utes and SUV's with bull bars.

Over my 50 years of driving, I've seen many changes in what's popular. The 70's saw the panel van craze, in the 80's we had families buying people movers like Taragos and Mitsi Expresses. I wonder what will eventually supercede SUV's and utes?

Last edited:

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon

I drive a Captiva. There's no "r" in its name because its been a decent car for the four years we've had it. It's not the Daewoo version, it's the ex Opel Antara Euro version, which never seemed to attract the adverse name of its slightly bigger brother. Its a wimp, 2.4 auto that wouldn't pull the skin off a custard, but it's economical, comfortable, easy to enter and egress and just the right size for two retirees. I didnt buy it to impress people (it IS a Captiva, after all) or because it was trendy. I think I might even have purchased it as a last loyal tilt at Holden before I eventually move to a other brand after 50 years of Holden loyalty.

I have one of those light bars fitted too, because, like most imports, the standard high beam is weak. It doesn't get much use, but I know when not to use it. I find it just as hard to reverse out of parking spots or see around other SUV's as any of you because some of them are stupidly huge. I get pissed off at the tailgating morons in their bully-boy utes and SUV's with bull bars.

Iver my 59 years of driving, I've seen many changes in what's popular. The 70's saw the panel van craze, in the 80's we had families buying people movers like Taragos and Mitsi Expresses. I wonder what will eventually supercede SUV's and utes?

Hover cars.

It has to be hover cars... :)

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Nice to be in a like minded group where we hate collectively SUV,s and DC utes.

SUV s are for fat people.

DC utes are for guys with small censored.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6

Iver my 59 years of driving, I've seen many changes in what's popular. The 70's saw the panel van craze, in the 80's we had families buying people movers like Taragos and Mitsi Expresses. I wonder what will eventually supercede SUV's and utes?

I still have my VZ SV6 it's fine , it has enough power , it's comfy enough on a long trip , I still have the Alfa for poops and giggles , having just hit 50 years of age , I don't see myself getting a SUV , mainly because I think they are naff