Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Acadia - Kills ZB.

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
Had a HiLux diesel dc for a couple of years company car. Only rush it ever gave me was a 360 in the wet was pretty dangerous in the wet brakes wet roads disaster.
I ll say one positive bout it girlfriend I had then was most impressed by it
No accounting for taste.
But no never owned one. Almost died a few times lately followed new model HiLux with that cloud of acrid stinking white smoke out of the exhaust.

DC’s are crappy to drive but that’s half the fun...

I want a Hilux but they have DPF issues are the moment. Colorado would be nice but given the history of our TM Barina, I’m sorry Holden, I cannot go there

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Had a brand new ranger as a loan car half a day last Friday. Yeah you guessed first rain for weeks. Gently round a left hand corner at say 25 km/ hr yeah you guessed the rear moved around.
The HiLux was a long long time ago but dc utes they haven’t changed.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
The funnest part about dual-cab utes is how they tailgate you like idiots and when the overtaking lane opens up, the diesels are out of puff and can't pick up enough speed to get past on even the slightest uphill climb...

And before you argue the point, it happens every time I do the Bruce Highway run.
:)

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Had a brand new ranger as a loan car half a day last Friday. Yeah you guessed first rain for weeks. Gently round a left hand corner at say 25 km/ hr yeah you guessed the rear moved around.
The HiLux was a long long time ago but dc utes they haven’t changed.

...but the Rangers do look pretty good for a ute. :)

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
The funnest part about dual-cab utes is how they tailgate you like idiots and when the overtaking lane opens up, the diesels are out of puff and can't pick up enough speed to get past on even the slightest uphill climb...

And before you argue the point, it happens every time I do the Bruce Highway run.
:)

No argument from me... keep left unless overtaking or I will be attached to your rear bumper...

With 400Nm of torque, there is no shortage of grunt for overtaking.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
You other (Commodore) ute owners will no doubt get the same Holden email that I get about once a month...Holden telling me how long I’ve owned my ute and its probable mileage (which is a figure over twice what it actually is, so they obviously aren’t going by the Dealership database). Trying to get me to ‘update’ (haha) to a Colorado.

Not a chance in ....

I’ve got other vehicles if I need to take more than one passenger and I never go off road (like 90% of DC owners i’m guessing). So why would I trade sedan like handling, acceleration and ride for one of those?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If our local dealership is any indication, the days of exclusively dealing with one brand are long gone. If you look at dealerships today, you'll find many are multi-franchises and sensibly, have widened their range to include those brands which are doing well. I look at our local Holden dealer and I see a Colorado and an Acadia in the showroom, with a few examples of other new models along the front row in the yard and maybe, a used VF or 2. The other side of the yard is Hyundai and Nissan, with many more new examples of those brands than there are new Holdens on show. I think its fair to say that the Holden sales and service staff of today will happily stay on to sell the brands of car Australians are buying tomorrow and next week.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
worst thing about this is people losing jobs, holden dealerships are in big trouble putting of staff etc but the writing is on the wall.
The writing has been on the wall for at least a decade when it comes to dealerships and their decline. Any dealership or staff member who hasnt decided to be proactive in the hope that things magically turn around have been kidding themselves.