Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Adventra.. Questions

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
Hey guys/girls.

Just few quick questions on the adventras

I need a wagon with AWD as i ski alot and its just more practical..

Love commodores and it seems like the best option.

Getting the LX8 is my choice, but as with all reviews, they say it is thirsty, understandable being 1900kg and awd.

So i was wondering, if its possible to change the diff gears to allow it more fuel efficiency around town? The rear diff looks like a standard VT-VZ diff, so cant see that being a issue,

BUT, the front diff, how does that work? Can it be done etc?

Would changing just the rear, still work, or would both need to be the same ratio?

Obviously a MAFless tune and better flowing exhaust would also improve economy slightly.

So yeah, my question is, can the diff gears be changed?

Cheers
Luke

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
lol i wouldnt think it would be a problem as long as you put the same same ratio in each dif... funny story about an awd with different gear ratios front and back lol

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Why not just go the alloytec luke, ive driven one and it more than does the job.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
my parents have a cx8 and tow a little caravan a bit. its standard aside from a PWR drop in chip. when we installed it the chip dropped consumption by a litre and a bit and ran heaps better...so i can only imagine what a proper mafless tune and exhaust would do. definitely a car worth looking into.