Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden adventra vz v6 oil change...?

Basil3

Reaction score
Members Ride
adventra
Hi, I got myself a vz adventra v6 2005 model 4 months ago and now it's time to get the oil changed. This is my problem as I need to know where the sump plug is as it's not the same as in a commodore. All I can see is a metal box and a star thing. Any help would be great. Also, this box is closer to the centre of the vehicle.
Thanks, Basil 3

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hi Basil - I have V8 Adventra and in mine the sump plug is same as standard commo but has up to 8L of oil to drop out so be prepared for that. Guess the V6 is the same, sump plug has to be at the bottom of the block. Filter on top of engine from memory.

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
Old thread but for the Google users out there, it is on the drivers side of the sump. It is a standard Holden sump plug.
Oil volume is 6.4L in the book - my recollection was more like 7L.

Nick

Brendon Jeffrey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6
Hi, I got myself a vz adventra v6 2005 model 4 months ago and now it's time to get the oil changed. This is my problem as I need to know where the sump plug is as it's not the same as in a commodore. All I can see is a metal box and a star thing. Any help would be great. Also, this box is closer to the centre of the vehicle.
Thanks, Basil 3
Got the same problem, get any help on this one did you?

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
The VZ Adventra V6 engine oil sump plug is located on the drivers side of the vehicle (pointing at the front wheel), not the rear as in the VZ Commodore. The sump is also towards the front of the vehicle. The "metal box and star thing" is one of the transfer cases. Found this picture online, hope it helps.

iphone-099-jpg.78894