Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Announce The 2011 Thunder In SS and SV6. On Sale Next Week

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The "redline" edition is a little more than just a dress up kit. For your $2.5k (??) you get brakes, firmer suspension tune and wheels. weather it's value for money - that's something for the individual to decide. Interestingly from what I understand the redline ssv wheels are very light compared to the stock wheels which might make them popular with the track guys. IMO the Storm (and other dress up specials) are completely the opposite to redline which is a substance over style package. Storms have always been nothing more than dress up cars.

Reaper

But they sell. And pretty well, I guess or they wouldn't continue to bring them out with each model change. I'm with you though, they are just a bag of spares chucked into a ute and flogged off as value packs.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Very nice Indeed... I tell you, the look of those tyre flairs are mean from the front.. I looked in my rear view mirror the other day and had a VE SS behind it. HAD to be lowered.. It was like I was being followed by a V8 Supercar... And the noise :| Ok off topic... But I had to BLEACH my seat... Thats how messy it got.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
i actually like the look of it (in the blue), and would consider buying it.
if it came with a hardlid, some better brakes, better suspension, better tune it would really make it worth its while.

however, the VZ Thunder had class and substance and some useful extras, which this VE doesnt

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
here's the commercial's for it, kinda remind's me of the old spice commercial's

Last edited by a moderator:

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Some muppet in a chopper haha I love it