Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden are super desperate these days

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
First time I ever heard from my dealer (ex dealer) since buying my SS new, they call me to ask if I was thinking of buying a new car or “upgrading” TODAY.... ummm NO! Then started to tell them how they didn’t want my business when I went back a year later with 3k on clock and they gave absolutely rediculous trade values!!! Insulting. That’s not how you do good business. And now they ask oh would you buy a new Holden today? LOL You mean Opel or made in Thai car? Nope.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
First time I ever heard from my dealer (ex dealer) since buying my SS new, they call me to ask if I was thinking of buying a new car or “upgrading” TODAY

Not entirely unusual to cold call people like that. Many dealers keep a calendar to call past buyers close to the anniversary date of buying their cars. A lot of people use these dates to change cars over due to warranty expiring, rego getting close etc, and a phonecall can prompt them into action. Doesn't indicate the dealers are 'desperate'.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
My dealer used to contact me every year around the same time, they are no longer in business so not this year, however it's not confined to Holden. I get spammed from my old gym, podiatrist, dentist along with various other Companies I have bought from.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
I’d say due to their lack of sales and stockpiling rubbish and the fact they were having a massive “sale” and not talking to customers on the showroom floor but on the phone is a pretty good indicator of the times. Oh well. Maybe if they had something good these days...

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Follow up is a good sales tactic.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Haven't heard from them for a couple of years. Now I am starting to get emails saying my service is due. Trying to scrape in every dollar they can with very few cars going out the door.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Haven't heard from them for a couple of years. Now I am starting to get emails saying my service is due. Trying to scrape in every dollar they can with very few cars going out the door.
Exactly I bought mine 2 years ago never a phone call nothing was even in their showroom and they didn’t care. I know what it is...

Johnwantsmore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV redline
i get the email for every service due, but havent had the call backs to try sell me a new car.
I think car sales in general have slowed, or maybe people just dont want holdens :)
Ive had my 2017 ssv on carsales for a little while and havent even had a stupid low ball offer apart from the stupid instant offers you get

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I’d say due to their lack of sales and stockpiling rubbish

Oh well. Maybe if they had something good these days...

A couple of their models are questionable, but a few are quite good - Astra, Colorado and yes even ZB is a very good car
in it's own right. Every one has the right to an opinion, but to label them all as rubbish is a little bit close-minded.

Australian built commodores are gone. Yes, Holden delivered some great local cars over the years - but it's over. We either
give the new breed a genuine, fair chance to impress (I think they deserve that), or we potentially watch our favourite car
brand go down the gurgler. Holden certainly has some bridges to rebuild with customers, but I think they deserve a bit of
a go to get things right.

Do we really want to see the whole brand gone......??

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Never had any follow up-up phone calls to buy a new car.
Never had any follow-up correspondence after a service either, be it Holden, Ford, or Kia.
But I get heaps of sales offers addressed to me through the letter box from them.
I still get the ‘Holden Lion’ email mag, even though I have unsubscribed from it.
Worst ‘offenders’ are travel companies and agents, once they have your details, emails just keep coming. I think that by unsubscribing, you are just confirming your details for their future reference.