Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden are super desperate these days

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
OK, but that’s about $65k here, it drinks diesel faster than any Japanese petrol ute, driving it’s like driving a 1982 Hilux, it doesn’t fit anywhere, and despite the power figure commercial diesels don’t change revs very quickly & it weighs 3 tonnes so it’s no quicker than a Hilux.

There will be road bullies who buy them because they’re threatening, but nobody else would bother.
However I much prefer the Ford F trucks! Nicer interior and exterior I reckon just classier.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
OK, but that’s about $65k here, it drinks diesel faster than any Japanese petrol ute, driving it’s like driving a 1982 Hilux, it doesn’t fit anywhere, and despite the power figure commercial diesels don’t change revs very quickly & it weighs 3 tonnes so it’s no quicker than a Hilux.

There will be road bullies who buy them because they’re threatening, but nobody else would bother.
Same money as a new Prado GXL I was looking at just has way more bang for buck. Look at the prado non leather interior pretty dismal. But since we get ripped off in Australia doesn’t matter. That’s why I think if Holden became Chevrolet they would actually want a market share and put effort into their line up u der their branding.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
They love them over there because of the size and class status, bigger is better. Most US tradies have a truck and trailer double the size of AUS tradies, and with so much more people in rural/suburban locales the market is big enough to warrant still making all these huge uneconomical cars. US also has some of the cheapest fuel prices in the developed world.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Well, you're almost correct. It's not a two door four door distinction, it's hatchback vs sedan. The hatchback is a Euro and it's a beauty. The sedan is at best, a future bomb.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
quite right , purists are not happy , but if they were purist's as they claim , they'd like the ZB , I do , I think its nice looking car and drivers well too , and I've had nothing but excellent service from my Holden dealer , with whom I've dealt with for 16 years .
Here, here. I love our company VF & VF2 SV6's. Great cars. But the ZB V6 AWD I drove for 3 days was a very nice car. It feels well sorted and very well planted on the road. I like the look too. The hatchback is great and the 8 spd auto worked exceptionally well with the tq curve. A delight to drive, for what it is.
Purists? Meh. Most are either Bogans or badge snobs. They're all as biased as each other, albeit from different, yet equally unjustifiable positions. But, neither can accept change. Myopia in motion.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride

Come on man. Have you driven one back to back with an 82 Lo-Lux? Ed

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There was obviously some exaggeration comparing to an eighties Hilux. :)
But they’re inferior to a modern Japanese ute, but more costly to run due mostly to their size (fuel).

Same money as a new Prado GXL I was looking at just has way more bang for buck. Look at the prado non leather interior pretty dismal. But since we get ripped off in Australia doesn’t matter. That’s why I think if Holden became Chevrolet they would actually want a market share and put effort into their line up u der their branding.
I guess it depends on what your needs are; Prado is more reliable by a huge margin (billionty times better quality), better offroad ability if that’s your thing (not that there’s anything wrong with that), and uses less fuel as well.
Tow capacity - any different?
But comparing two terrible vehicles to each other ain’t my thing; I don’t care who’s the best of the worst!

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
many people are still fighting today for a replacement engine with figures of about 2.3 liters over 10,000km with holden saying "that is an acceptable level and within tolerances" while colorados without the defect only use about 300ml
So 1.15l per 5000km...

If those are euro cars then that oil onsumption is pretty good lol

BMW with their infamous N54 engines have stated that oil onsumption of 1l per 1600km is with in specs.

This coupled with their super long extended condition based servicing schedule (upto 30k km), means the oil would be changed by just topping it up lol

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Given the cost of oil compared to fuel, if that oil consumption doesn’t hurt the engine - who cares?

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Can I also mention again that Holden seem super desperate these days.... backed by sales figures reported. Makes sense.