Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi all,

I'm living in Saudi Arabia and looking to replace my chev-badged VZ Commodore with Holden badges. What's the expected price and shipment cost for a complete set? Grill, rear, wheel caps and "Commodore" badge. Also, is the set a universal fit for all models of the VZ? Or each does each model have it's specific set? Will SV6 or SS badges and grill fit onto an Executive or Acclaim?

Just out of curiosity, why are people in Australia looking to replace their Holden badges with Chev ones? :hmmm: Shouldn't it be the other way round, as the car is in fact a Holden?

Thanks in advance.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Apart from the bonnet (hood) and boot (trunk) the rest of the badges just stick on with double sided tape but the front and back ones also have locating holes.

For a whole set I wouldn't expect to pay much especially a lot people de-badge the car to make it look smoother. Postage wouldn't cost too much just for badges.

When you say wheel caps do you mean the center for mag wheels or hub caps for steel wheels that cover the whole wheel? If its the 2nd one that could be very expensive for posting.

Do you know what trim level your VZ is? I wouldn't put SV6 or SS badges on something that isn't a SV6 or a SS.

And about the Chev badges, some people replace them with Chev ones but most people here at JC make fun of people who do that. I have no idea why some people do apart from the old Monaro coupes (HQ ect) with 350ci and 454ci Chev motors ect used to look good with a Chev badge, now anyone that has one or even worse pays money to get them is a tosser but still thinks its "the cool thing" to do.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for replying. My Commodore is badged as a Chevrolet Lumina, trim level: LS. It seems to sit somewhere between the Executive and the Acclaim, as it has air conditioning as standard, alloy wheels and all four windows are power windows. However, it doesn't have traction control.

I looked up a set from JHP Holden and found it to be ridiculously expensive. Is there anyone I can contact who has a set for sale at a reasonable price?

Also, could you give me the link to the "wanted section"? I'm new to the forum, and glad to be here too :D

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Well this certainly is a reversed scenario.

I'm also glad to see that even people overseas don't understand the whole Chev-badge bandwagon.

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
It is great to see someone wanting to return the proper badges. I HATE seeing chev badges on Holdens, There is a CV8 Manaro going around Darwin with chev badges. It makes me want to burn it and the owner.

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Haha mates, I think the only reason people are looking for Chev badges is because of the Corvette-derived 5.7 litre V8 engine in the SS. Nevertheless, car remains as a Holden. Mine is the HFV6, jointly made by Holden and Cadillac. 3.6 Alloytec is built to Commodore specs. VZ's a Holden, built in Aussie, assembled in Aussie, designed by Aussies :yeah: Aussies are awesome and I want Holden badges heehee :w00t:

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
No most people I know that have Chev badges have them the same reason people get HSV badges normally. 'It looks cool, makes it faster too because *random bs about crap they dont know anything about*'

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
your a legend, good to see a commodore being badged with its own badges and not fail chev lol