Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden Barina problem HELP

jason13

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
my other half has a 1995 barina, when the clutch is in its making a metal on metal noise, and sounds like a jet engine! still drives ok and goes into gear fine. any help would be great as i no nothing about clutches or gearboxes. thanks

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Sounds like your thrust bearing or spigot bearing is worn out. Its a gearbox out job to fix it.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Sounds like your thrust bearing or spigot bearing is worn out. Its a gearbox out job to fix it.

It might not be necessary to remove the transmission to replace clutch components on the Barina. Is it an SB model or the earlier badged version of the Suzuki? I can't recall when the Suzuki was replaced by the Opel (SB) version). If it's the SB, and IF the transmission is similar to the Camira, which was an Opel transmission, the clutch can be removed without removing the transmission.

mtrebor63

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
im looking for 1995 Holden Barina Parcel Shelf , does anyone have one for sale , also righthand mirror and back hatch door Red in colour