Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Barina radio code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnyka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I own a Holden Barina that someone reversed into a month or so ago, it was put in to get repaired but they took the battery out and now my stereo is asking me for a lock code. I purchased the car second hand and the dodgy people i brought it off lost the owners manual for the car and i cant seem to find the code anywhere! Is anyone on here please able to help me to get this code??

Thank you :)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Call holden with ut vin number and U might be lucky enough to get it over the phone without having to pay anything, but u'll most likely to be charged something for it.

Ronnyka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Yeah i called them they want $30 and refuse to give over the phone i have to go there in person and bring like 3 documents of proof that its my car and i live here bla bla bla and he was so rude on the phone too!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Oh I hate the pricks that do to you.... heres my tricks. I install Bluetooth units all the time and forget to check for the radio code before starting right? Heres the spiel....

Ask for service counter...

"Hi this Ray from RanJ Installations, just fitted a bluetooth unit to one of your customers vehicles but I can't find the radio code. What do you want first? Radio serial number, rego no or VIN?"

Job done.

If they ask for the rego no, give it to them... when it doesn't come up in their system just say "must've changed plates, I'll give you the VIN."

In 15 years I've had two "Nope, can't do that"

The trick is, don't ask them to give you the number... just tell them they are they going to give you the number ;) good luck, worst case scenario, PM with your vehicle details and I'll get the number.

Ronnyka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Thanks ill get hubby to try that for me! Dont think there are too many female stereo installers lol

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
if the repairer lost the code I would have tought it would be their responsibility to get the code,thats what I would do anyways

holden dealer is the easiest but they do charge for it unfortunately,$25 here

good luck with it

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
if the repairer lost the code I would have tought it would be their responsibility to get the code,thats what I would do anyways

holden dealer is the easiest but they do charge for it unfortunately,$25 here

good luck with it

You would think so yes. But it's one of those things that gets lost in the process. Retrieving a code is not difficult.

Furthermore, I used to have a female fitter.... a few years ago.. she was great! Knew how to look up facebook and myspace, could complain a lot about her pay (commission based with retainer) and generally knew how to walk around a lot without getting much done but look busy at all times. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with women or female fitters.... just this one :) haha

PM me you VIN number, and dealer that the car was originally purchased from and I can give them a buzz.... if you don't know the dealership that fine. just year make model and VIN

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
yes I know what you mean,they just pass it on all the time to the next person never getting anything done-lol

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
pretty much mate.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Sorry but no one is going to hand over a code on a public forum to strangers who for all we know could have stolen equipment and trying to get it working.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.