Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden black 202 idle/acceleration issue

Vkwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk
Gday guys, I’ve got a black 202 VK wagon that has got a 350 Holley carby that I believe is off a torana.

It’s idling pretty high at around 1500 rpm, I’ve stuffed around with the mixture screws and all of that and still having no luck bringing it down. Also when I give it a rev and let off my rpm keeps climbing and stays at around 2500-3000 while I’m in neutral making it un drivable. Looked through a lot of threads on here and still scratching my head. Any help is appreciated cheers

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
First thing to do is
check timing
check for vacuum leaks around the carby by spraying water (fuel if your game and a cold engine) I use fuel myself but I like living dangerously
check play in butterfly shaft
Could also be power valve dried out, maybe jet/s blocked, and if the carb was sitting for a period of time it may very well need complete overhaul
If it was run on lpg it WILL need complete overhaul

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Common leakage point with holleys is the bar that opens the butterflies....

Spray some WD40 or CRC or even flyspray around that bar and see if the revs rise whilst it is idling....If the bush is worn, the revs will rise...

So check there first

Stuffed power valve usually means the car won't idle at all.

Blocked jets....Car won't run....