Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Boot Badge

turbopsi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Turbo
Hi All,

I have been asking Rare Spares about this badge for years now and was hoping to have some good news but my quest to have the following badge remade by Rare Spares has come to an end (for now).

b1122.jpg

I have been working with Greg Barker (Product Sourcing and Development Manager ) who has been quite helpful at following through the inquiry to have the badge remade.

This e-mail from Greg gave me some hope.
"Here is the photo of the badge 92028514 we have obtained. It has gone off for tooling quotation to see if it is viable to produce.

As I have indicated if we proceed it will take a few months to get the tool made and stock produced."

Unfortunately this road has come to an end as I received this e-mail this morning.

"At this stage our Managing Director has considered this item a low sales potential.

As such he is not prepared to invest in the tooling and stock unless we receive further sales enquiries.

However we will review it from time to time and proceed if warranted.

Regards,

Greg Barker
Product Sourcing and Development Manager

RSP AUTOMOTIVE & INDUSTRIAL PTY LTD
(Incorporating Rare Spares)
20-22 Truck City Drive, Campbellfield, Vic 3061, Australia
PHONE: +61 3 9305 4000 MOBILE: 0409431889
FAX: +61 3 9305 3520
EMAIL: [email protected]
www.rsp.net.au"

If you would like to see this badge remade please send your inquiry to Greg Barker.

Thx

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
I purchased a boot badge off Rare Spares earlier this year for my Group A.

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
Yes, but I have a VK. I clicked on the wrong thread yesterday. :(

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I'll take a look tomorrow. I might have one off my VK from 20+ years ago lurking somewhere here.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I just found the plastic badge I have off the VK.

It's at the one shown, but the lettering is not solid, but has a black centre in it with silver outline. It's not new, but is in good condition. It would not be hard to touch up/repaint the silver part as it's raised on the badge.

I can't put pics up here as either I'm too stupid, or it's difficult to do, but if you give me your email address I'll take a pic and send it to you to see what you think.

Just noticed............It looks just like the Rare Spare one in an earlier post.

turbopsi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Turbo
I just found the plastic badge I have off the VK.

It's at the one shown, but the lettering is not solid, but has a black centre in it with silver outline. It's not new, but is in good condition. It would not be hard to touch up/repaint the silver part as it's raised on the badge.

I can't put pics up here as either I'm too stupid, or it's difficult to do, but if you give me your email address I'll take a pic and send it to you to see what you think.

Just noticed............It looks just like the Rare Spare one in an earlier post.

Thanks Gossie, I'm pretty ok with spares now. Your right they are different badge. The smaller ones are matched to VK's, VL Calais and a few early VL's before Holden changed to the larger size. Cheers

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Good to hear. My old VK badge will now go back into the draw of bits and pieces.