Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden breaking own warranty rules.....

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
I've seen the tv ad for the series 2 redline range - maybe it's just me but have a look at the rear ride height on the three different vehicles driving past before they end up on the rear of the ship.
The wagon and the ute look like they've had the guards rolled to fit the tyres under - I know the FE3 sits a little lower but this looks like they are making it look a little more "slammed" than they come delivered.

A little misleading in my book - esp I have to spend extra dollars on top of the new car price to get the same look on the ute which sits up like a landrover compared to what's being advertised :hmmm:

Cheers John

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I doubt the guards have been rolled, but i agree with you 100% on this misleading advertising. Look at the brochures they bring out, also misleading to look at.

There is no way that FE3 sits that low on a standard showroom release.

Cheers.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Ever see that small print at the bottom of screen on commercials"Vehicle shown is extra "or some jargan,not saying the add does but you get the drift.

If the vehicle can be optioned as thus then its not a problem in my book,at least they arent advertising(pics)as 4wheel drives lol.

When did your whopper last look like the one in the add,I know for me it was last month about 3am with my hand on it.Clutching at straws here imo.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
They've been doing that for years. Most manufacturers do. The whole thing with that type of advertising is to create an ideal, much the same way as 6 second abs (or whatever) or all those ads for New Zealand. It's never as good as they suggest but it makes the product more desirable. The same way a big mac looks nice but tastes like garbage.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Anybody who buys a car, because of how it looks in an advertisment, and not how it looks when they go to actually look at, and test drive the car has rocks in their heads.

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Anybody who buys a car, because of how it looks in an advertisment, and not how it looks when they go to actually look at, and test drive the car has rocks in their heads.

Fair point but what I'm saying is even if you test drive one and ask about lowering the rear 40-50mm to bring it to the advertised height the answer is "that isn't covered under warranty

because you are altering the angle of the driveshafts" then surely the advertising is slightly misleading by what they are showing to what gets delivered.

There's no truth in advertising I know....:rofl2:

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
Who's to say that they didn't have a load in the back. It's probably something like that, which they'd come back with

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Hmmmmm - Do I spend $$$ on new springs or go the old $20 3 bags of cement suspension fix :spot on:

Cheers John

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
at least the rear will get out on you. I would tie the bags down first before you try to see how much extra grip they give ;)

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
meh.... all advertising is bullcrap. there's always disclaimers and conditions on everything, so nothing is as it first appears. no 6 pack abs in 6 weeks, and the burger example above is spot on..... no way your burger comes like that in real life. same with cars.... hot chicks will not miracously appear in the passenger seat when you go to the beach or for a drive in the city, and just because you buy a 4wd doesnt mean you are going to go to the top of that mountain at any stage of you owning that car ;).

they are selling to your desires, your dreams..... and therefore your ability to open your wallet to buy. reality doesnt sell things.... bullcrap does.