Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden breaking own warranty rules.....

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I've seen the tv ad for the series 2 redline range - maybe it's just me but have a look at the rear ride height on the three different vehicles driving past before they end up on the rear of the ship.
The wagon and the ute look like they've had the guards rolled to fit the tyres under - I know the FE3 sits a little lower but this looks like they are making it look a little more "slammed" than they come delivered.

A little misleading in my book - esp I have to spend extra dollars on top of the new car price to get the same look on the ute which sits up like a landrover compared to what's being advertised :hmmm:

Cheers John

You are right John about the advertising being misleading but it is an advertising issue - warranty is irrelevant.

GM should be depicting the cars as they are delivered ex factory. The Redline cars are also depicted as sitting much lower (than they are delivered ex factory) on the Holden web site and in the Holden product brochures. Some of the other VE models are also shown as sitting lower than the actual model ex factory. They are doing it with all the body types -sedans, wagons and utes.

There are plenty of Holden dealer pictures of series 2 VE cars (on web sites like CARSALES.COM.AU) so you can see very well how the cars (including the redline versions) really look on the factory fitted suspension without visiting a showroom.

If you feel so strongly about it John then submit a complaint of misleading advertising to the ACCC. ( I don't think it's worth getting excited about though.)

As for the wheels and tyres, the redline cars only run 19 x 8 inch rims with 245 mm wide tyres (245/40/19). Fitting these tyres under the guards, even if lowered sensibly, is not an issue. As you mentioned the VE 2 ute, the ssv redline ute runs a 10 mm narrower track, both front and rear, than the standard Omega no frills ute. The SSV redline SEDANS also run a 10mm narrower track than the standard Omega sedan ( but the same track as SV6, SS, Calais). (According to specs released by GM).

Last edited:

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Nah - it's just that time of the month and I'm letting of a little steam :cry:

I'm getting new mags tomorrow and I know I'm going to have to shell out to drop the rear a little - front

is fine.

Just going to build a bridge........

Cheers John