Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden build numbers for my17

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I have all the build quantities and it is correct. SV6 was the highest number produced. The 17,000 is a little lower than what was produced in sedans. Don't forget LWB, Export cars, Wagons and Utes all make up the total production.
post it up please

ChrisHeinrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
My SV6 II is Peacock Green, built May 2017. The colour was not in the catalogues, I found it by accident on a dealer floor in Adelaide. I have seen less than a handful of 2017 cars in this colour, SV6 and Calais. I suspect there were a few green painted bumpers in stock after the colour was discontinued at the end of 2016, so a tiny batch of Series II cars were made to get rid of bumper inventory. (Spare bumpers are not sold painted) This is a very rare car, and I like it a lot. Only accessory is windows tinted as dark as is legal.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
My SV6 II is Peacock Green, built May 2017. The colour was not in the catalogues, I found it by accident on a dealer floor in Adelaide. I have seen less than a handful of 2017 cars in this colour, SV6 and Calais. I suspect there were a few green painted bumpers in stock after the colour was discontinued at the end of 2016, so a tiny batch of Series II cars were made to get rid of bumper inventory. (Spare bumpers are not sold painted) This is a very rare car, and I like it a lot. Only accessory is windows tinted as dark as is legal.
I can't remember the story behind Regal Peacock and MY17 - it might have been as simple as there being too much paint left over from MY16 to throw it out. Bumpers were painted to order so it definitely wasn't bumper inventory!

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual

Best colour

ChrisHeinrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
I can't remember the story behind Regal Peacock and MY17 - it might have been as simple as there being too much paint left over from MY16 to throw it out. Bumpers were painted to order so it definitely wasn't bumper inventory!
Strange then. Paint is not worth much in context. Maybe somebody up top wanted a green one?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Least popular = rare = greater value at some time in the distant future.

I agree to some extent, it's the 'in your face' colours that can add value in years to come, those pink and purple colours on Holdens, Fords and Chryslers of the early 70's sell well these days but weren't so popular at the time of their manufacture.

Still it doesn't matter what colour it is if the car it's isn't one of the desirable performance models to start with.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Still it doesn't matter what colour it is if the car it's isn't one of the desirable performance models to start with.
When all the desirable performance cars ultimately cost way too much, the bar lowers so that the non performance more affordable models become the go to cars for the average car nut enthusiast :rolleyes:

So enthusiasts then look at other absurdities to differentiate their cars so colour and factory fit accessories matter :eek: The pub talk goes along the lines of my car is V6 auto painted in Prussian steel and comes with factory fitted SV6 interior but isn’t a police car because it has factory fitted cigarette lighter, yada yada.... so it’s a very rare 1 of 3 out of the 17,000 commodores made that year :p However, it’s still not a V8 but car enthusiasts need to differentiate their bog standard POS from all the other POS’s out their :oops:

After all desirability must be tempered with reality as the price of the desirable stuff reach the stratosphere (but the my car is special monster within us still needs to be feds) :p

Me, I always liked regal peacock, sizzle, fantale (orange) and a few other colours but Holden dumped theses from their 2017 cars. And doing special orders in 2017 was difficult... It’s a pity with colour, as in this day and age other manufacturers can paint their cars each a different colour as they trundle along the paint line. Sadly it seems Holden was still doing colours in batches :eek: Factory applied ceramic paint protection, tell ‘em he’s dreaming

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Chevy SS was still available in Peacock green in 2017

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Sadly it seems Holden was still doing colours in batches :eek: Factory applied ceramic paint protection, tell ‘em he’s dreaming
Where do you source your info with batch colour painting?