Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden comes out of the closet

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Its nice to see that Holden are now embracing the SJW's of the world HURRAY FOR HOLDEN!!!!
You can now see the marketing "non gender specific" team have gotten they way and the NEW World ORDER is here. Look out George Orwell 1984 has come again!

It certainly makes me believe that the lunatics have truly taken over the Asylum.

http://email.holden.com.au/2017/apr...ead_more-diversity-article&utm_campaign=April

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
In the 1950's Dodge brought out a model called the Le 'femme aimed at woman , a dismal failure .

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
LOL!!! I received the same email and was just coming here to start a thread on the same topic!

I'm getting thoroughly sick of all this PC crap being shoved down our throats, and to see Holden getting in on the act infuriates me.
If it wasn't enough that we are bombarded with this crap through the media on a daily basis, we now being lectured by a car manufacturer?
Here's news for you Holden, I am a loyal long term customer who also happens to believe that homosexuality is fundamentally wrong and unnatural, and I DO NOT appreciate having these warped views shoved in my face, so stick to what you are meant to be doing which is producing and selling cars, and NOT shoving your PC, pro-lgbti propaganda in the faces of your customers.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
In the 1950's Dodge brought out a model called the Le 'femme aimed at woman , a dismal failure .
Probably be a huge success today.

I am an old bloke who had to look up what SJW was, and am still confused,( but not about my sexuality, I think that was checked just after I was born. )
A Social Justice Warrior, ehhhh ..... I thought that may have been a new name for an old style copper with big boots for backsides. How wrong can you be ?
Holden advertising has lost the plot for us old farts, and they don’t care, because they have realised that we won’t be buying their products after 2018, the pretty young things ( of all types of sexes ) will be.
“The new Trax is made for mobile phones” ..... FFS, what does that mean ?
“ I want to drive a Holden that doesn’t look like my Dad’s” ...... True, you won’t because the Aussie designed Holdens are extinct.

I am just so excited about it all, I have been rendered speechless. ( or writeless. )

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I`m with you I don`t know eather lol.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
I Hope Holden is not the "mosquito" here.
LOL

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Ok I'll bite

homosexuality is fundamentally wrong
Well that's your choice, noone is asking you to take part

and unnatural
I'll leave this here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

It comes down to GMH being a sponsor for this year's Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. If your company is in a bit of a tailspin, desperate times call for desperate measures, marketing wise. GMH is the first car company to my knowledge to heavily jump on the SJW bandwagon on any issue (except maybe Toyota and all their Hybrids, but it still sort of relates to their product).

Whilst I am aligned to the political left-of-centre, and absolutely support equal marriage, I recognise that other people don't share that view, nor do they see it as a very important issue. Sadly, one thing the Left on the whole, in particular the Far left, doesn't do very well is dissent within its own ranks. You are either in it 100%, or you are with the Right. In addition quite a few arguments spouted by the left as a whole don't stand up well scrutiny, facts or evidence. Much of it is 'fake news'. However the Right is very good at this as well.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm definitely in the don't ask don't tell boat. I really don't care what people do as long as they don't try and convince me about their life style. Kinda how I deal with religion.....

I do have one exception, gorgeous lesbians :D

I do agree with what was said above though, this PC crap is getting out of hand. I don't need to be lectured about what other people like to do and that I should accept it. It seems that just about every race color, creed and sexual orientation is looked after except the average white heterosexual male/female.

I just want to live my life and not be bothered by what other people get up to.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I'm definitely in the don't ask don't tell boat. I really don't care what people do as long as they don't try and convince me about their life style. I just want to live my life and not be bothered by what other people get up to.

I have a couple of gay rellies, they are not ‘in your face’ about it, and I don’t care about how they lead their lifestyle. Just don’t put the hard word on me after we have had a few beers together, I may change my attitude.
But, I do object to the activists whose attitudes are “ I’m gay, and what are you going to do about it ?!”
As for marriage equality, they can have it, along with the divorce equality that will result. Again, don’t tell me about it, or whinge about it.
Back to advertising, they may win a few new customers from it, but at the same time they may lose a few for the same reason.
Also, is it just me, or have others noticed the number of ‘Dad-less family’ TV adverts lately.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I wonder if this one will be smashed in the arse like their other car a few weeks back???

percat-crash.jpg