Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Engine Mount Replacement

Motorculture

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Commodore
Many Commodores are now reaching an age where their engine mounts are beginning to crack and fail due to the high torque they have been placed under throughout their lifetime. Signs of a worn engine mount could include engine vibrations, misalignment, engine damage, broken belts and hoses or excessive noise.

Most modern Commodores are equipped with hydraulic engine mounts, which feature a fluid chamber designed to dampen noise and vibration into the cars cabin. Although these mounts do offer comfort they are certainly more prone to failing under the heavy loads placed on them.

There are many options available to replace these mounts, though often aftermarket upgrades can be costly and overkill for street use resulting in an uncomfortable ride. These Transgold engine mounts are an affordable solution and a direct OEM replacement to help counter any excessive movement that could be occurring under your hood.

You can pick up the Transgold mounds for around $55 from Supercheap Auto stores or online HERE to suit the LS1 fitted in the VT-VZ commodore range, V6 VE Commodore and many more.

Last edited:

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
yep "here" link dead
I dont own a ls1. looks like long threads on those mounts to fit new

I have to use those rectangular type nightmares

Last edited:

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I'd suggest Kelpro mounts, work brilliantly and are very affordable

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I'd suggest Kelpro mounts, work brilliantly and are very affordable

Old thread but couldn't resist replying to this post.
From my own personal experience I wouldn't touch Kelpro or any other cheap rubbish mounts with a ten foot barge pole.
Last year, two new Kelpro mounts on the left hand side f&%$ed within two weeks. Lost power steering both times, 1st time the return hose pulled off the metal pipe at the chassis rail, 2nd time broke the plastic tube off the reservoir because I fixed the 1st repair too good. 2nd time I had to have the tonner towed back to the mechanic.
Repco have still not come to the party and refunded me for the new reservoir and fluid as they promised.
I ended up procuring and fitting a new Genuine mount myself and no more problems.

Last edited: