Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Fair call.
I've decided NOPD too. Now I know the KOM code is safe. But, his creates a predicament for me. As I'm buying in Adelaide, which is about 1,000k's from home, how do I get it home? I want the presentation experience of keys, model, etc etc. But I also want it inwrapped, paint corrected and protected. Back home. So it looks like I'll be flying or driving to SA, then shadowing the car carrier back home.
Oh, the first world problems!
So on the exterior will just be the validation decal on the drivers side rear door window and your aerial wont be fitted, it will be left in a purple coloured bag which sits in the front passanger door bin. So should be good to drive home if you want.

Then on the interior will be plastic on the drivers seat, plastic over the driver sill, plastic on the driver floor, plastic on the steering wheel (they made me sign a waiver for them to leave the plastic on incase I had an accident and the steering wheel was slippery) but making sure they leave it in place again, then there is plastic over the my link screen, a red dot on the gear shifter (manual) plastic over the front seat belt receivers and plastic over the sunroof shade thats about it.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
From the MSE Owners FB page:
Hi Cuda, so we don't need the GMON to select a build No, Holden will forward a password and user name to log on when the site goes live. Can't believe they were going to make us bid for the build numbers, 70K isn't enough? Bit of a bugger if you're at work at 2.00PM on May 3rd (Wednesday) and don't have access to a PC or smart phone. So those who don't have a GMON yet don't stress, you don't need it. PS, thanks for the info.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Still off topic - sadly though the Charger in the Touring Car Masters series doesn't truly represent that greatness (amongst a bunch of highly modified V8s).
Hi LastV8, Your point is very true, the mate that use to have the E49 races a mockup one in a historical class, he's up against HO's and Mustangs and that's his problem, the straights.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
This image really emphasises the impact of Spitfire (Sublime! Haha). With Red Hot being the notable exception, all others appear, well, monochrome. Of course in the real world they'll all look amazing. Albeit subtle. Not so for Red Hot and Spitfire though. With the latter being "in your face". This car, in this colour is going to turn heads, like few other cars can. View attachment 191122
Hmmm, now that wouldn't be a dias account of the colours would it Cuda, lets see if I can break it down to something like, "Mines the best, reds OK and all the others suck" think that just about sums it up. If we had a Bias comment of the day award you'd be a top contender:) keep up the great work champ.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Hi LastV8, Your point is very true, the mate that use to have the E49 races a mockup one in a historical class, he's up against HO's and Mustangs and that's his problem, the straights.
Got to walk around the pits and take photos of what's under the bonnet of the Masters last year at Darwin and those V8s have plenty of specialty gear under there whereas the e49s already had all the good bits bolted on as standard, such as triple dual barrel Webers I recall, so not anywhere much to go with development I guess. so yeah, the charger(s) really struggled on those straights at Hidden Valley.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi Cuda, so we don't need the GMON to select a build No, Holden will forward a password and user name to log on when the site goes live. Can't believe they were going to make us bid for the build numbers, 70K isn't enough? Bit of a bugger if you're at work at 2.00PM on May 3rd (Wednesday) and don't have access to a PC or smart phone. So those who don't have a GMON yet don't stress, you don't need it. PS, thanks for the info.
Thanks again to the member of the MSE FB page for the doc's. They're great!
Yeah, that's my read. But, who knows if it may change from here. I wouldn't be surprised if a GMON, or other unique identifier may still be required.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmm, now that wouldn't be a dias account of the colours would it Cuda, lets see if I can break it down to something like, "Mines the best, reds OK and all the others suck" think that just about sums it up. If we had a Bias comment of the day award you'd be a top contender:) keep up the great work champ.
Haha. No way! I like 'em all! But I was amazed at how the green jumped off the page.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
At the en

At the end of the day it's just commodore...
No need to stress about this much...
Not to me mate. It's a special purchase. One I will never forget. So I want to make sure it's done right.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Not to me mate. It's a special purchase. One I will never forget. So I want to make sure it's done right.
Comments like 'just a Commodore' or 'just a car' don't belong in this forum. Makes you wonder how people like Xonar look after their cars.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Only 2 months to go (I have first week of June delivery). To say I'm excited is an understatement!
Anyone interested in my low km, well looked after MY12 SV6 manual? :)