Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
"Well, do ya punk?"
Me, I share just about everything (except my lawn mower, my car and my Wife). Mine will be 0517 - I really like it. Rego at this stage KOM 905. But I may change that. After posting my rego I noticed that KOM 059 was no longer available. So there you go.
Yeah, Martin, you should have got the shits!
My Missus wanted me to get 0305, her date/month of birth, and obviously, the date of the big Number Hunt. However, due to the frenetic manner in which the numbers were vanishing at the time, and the fact she didn't want "305" which is what I think we would have ended up with, we abandoned that idea.
KOM 517 would appear the obvious choice for you, Sir; and I suspect there won't be too many other folks trying to get it.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Y
Hi Jetfrost, by the time I was on the site every number that meant anything Holden or motorsport was gone, everything under 100 was gone, I would say probably 60-70% of all numbers were gone. Ended up with 1063, my birth year and no, I'm not 1054 years old but it was the best I could come up with at the time.
That's not too bad, it's a small consolation, and nevertheless still a story to tell, and as you said its all about the MSE and imo you made it extra special with your birth year, extra personalised, There is still the loooong wait now, September is my month belive it or not I'm trying to push it to October delivery, dealer even offered to hold on to it till I'm ready, yeh right that's gona happen. still contemplating NOPD... to be or not to be? 70% to be.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
"To be" Once again, it's part of the story, and backed by pics.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh Cuda, dead right, that's what its all about, this was just a bit of icing. I'd be really pissed off if I was really keen on a particular number but that wasn't the case for me. Interesting some are tying in their build numbers with their rego's, never thought of that. For me it's all about the car, and in my case getting back into a manual which I'm really looking forward to. A fair-dinkum, no BS drivers car with a manual tranny has become a bit of a rarity, even today, can't wait:)
That's the spirit Martin. Rub it why don't you! Haha;)
Nah, I'm happy with my spauto decsion. Planning on upspecing it with some Camaro goodies. I reckon with power around the W385 level, or maybe a bit better, she'll be an absolute joy to drive. No cammy issues, and pure NA fun. If I wanted a strip car, I'd start with something less special, less expensive and less porky. Like you say, it's a no BS drivers car. The wait is starting to bug me but. Tic toc.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
That's the spirit Martin. Rub it why don't you! Haha;)
Nah, I'm happy with my spauto decsion. Planning on upspecing it with some Camaro goodies. I reckon with power around the W385 level, or maybe a bit better, she'll be an absolute joy to drive. No cammy issues, and pure NA fun. If I wanted a strip car, I'd start with something less special, less expensive and less porky. Like you say, it's a no BS drivers car. The wait is starting to bug me but. Tic toc.

My MSE is booked in for a 385kw pack and custom tune on 26th June. I can let you know before and after impressions. I too think it will make a big improvement, the LS3 is capable of more than what we get in stock form.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
A few more snaps of the first MSE built. It is build number 17 out of 1200.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good one Coach. Drooling!

Surely not Tricky Dicky? He started in a Torana. Maybe he's gone 360deg and seen the light. Lol.

PS: Any chance of posting them up without your tag splashed across them? Haha. With your indulgence - I'm building an album from various other pics (e.g. the ones Holden released), it would be great to add some of the pics you're taking. From there, I plan on having some laminated, and then a poster or two. I have a good mate who's a graphic designer and he's going to make some collages and one off pics into posters for me. We'll add in a few Brock & Bathurst pics etc. They'll take pride of place in the shrine, I mean garage. I'd be happy to share them on here once done too. Of course, I'll be waiting for mine to arrive before I get them done.

Last edited:

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Y

That's not too bad, it's a small consolation, and nevertheless still a story to tell, and as you said its all about the MSE and imo you made it extra special with your birth year, extra personalised, There is still the loooong wait now, September is my month belive it or not I'm trying to push it to October delivery, dealer even offered to hold on to it till I'm ready, yeh right that's gona happen. still contemplating NOPD... to be or not to be? 70% to be.
I got lucky, I was in a facility meeting / walk around, as luck would have it we were in the carpark about 20 metres from my car,at the critical time, just excused myself to grab something from my car( was wondering what my excuse would be ) had the iPad waiting there, jumped in with 1 min to spare, logged in, noticed 1-7 all gone along with others, went to second tab, hit 161 and confirmed and all jokes aside was back out again in about....... ? Well less than 161 seconds I reckon, normally these type of things dont go well for me, nice to get a break for once

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
I got lucky, I was in a facility meeting / walk around, as luck would have it we were in the carpark about 20 metres from my car,at the critical time, just excused myself to grab something from my car( was wondering what my excuse would be ) had the iPad waiting there, jumped in with 1 min to spare, logged in, noticed 1-7 all gone along with others, went to second tab, hit 161 and confirmed and all jokes aside was back out again in about....... ? Well less than 161 seconds I reckon, normally these type of things dont go well for me, nice to get a break for once
Another meant to be, a great story, congrats on such a unique number I like it. Now for your plates KOM-161. What do you say…

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
A few more snaps of the first MSE built. It is build number 17 out of 1200.

A great inside job SC.
Now, who wants to work on putting a team together and call it .... not the "Italian Job" but the Great ozzie Job or something?