Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Yeah, I see what you mean Zero.
But, I do think the S2 lights and black spoiler suit some colours better than others. Mainly the lighter colours. I reckon my S1 looks better with the S1 taillights and body coloured spoler. Where as say, a white or red one would look better with S2 lights and a black spoiler.
View attachment 192317
Yeah I think you're spot on about s2 tail lights better suiting lighter colours and s1 tail lights suiting darker colours.
Your Redline looks good because that's the way Holden intended it to look, which is why I believe these sort of things shouldn't be messed with.
I've seen a few Spitfire Redlines around and they look absolutely amazing with the s2 tail lights.
At least you'll have the best of both worlds when you get your mse. ;)

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Love the picture of the Spitfire Motorsport, to all those who were a bit daring and chose it as a colour I think you're on a winner.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hey LV8,
No, I hadn't seen them. Thanks heaps. I reckon it looks bloody fantastic!
Sabman57?
Mmmm, does look pretty impressive Cuda, first Spitfire MSE I've seen, black wheels look ace on it.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I just measured my Redline on the 19's using GTR69 method and I got 143mm frt and 137mm rear (full fuel). Every car will be slightly different due to manufacturing tollerances. I think my spring's are on the high end of the tollerance :(
G'Day 3rspecB, GTR69 did say the Redline on 19's he measured was 150mm front and 160mm rear so your not doing too bad. Looked at redlines and MSE's and I can't really see much difference, but then again only talking 15mm. Your thoughts?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I'm so exited to get my MSE on Saturday. It's been literally years in the making. I used to work as a supplier for Holden and knew the limited editions were coming so put a deposit down just around the closure announcement. Turned down a LSA R8 because I knew I could do better for the money and here we are, it's like a dream.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
G'Day 3rspecB, GTR69 did say the Redline on 19's he measured was 150mm front and 160mm rear so your not doing too bad. Looked at redlines and MSE's and I can't really see much difference, but then again only talking 15mm. Your thoughts?
Then again he did measure the MSE at 125mm front and rear so it would be interesting to see what SC's car is. If 125mm is right is that the sort of ride height you were after, (almost an inch lower at the front)? Wouldn't expect ride height to vary that much if they're using the same tang colour on all of them.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I'm so exited to get my MSE on Saturday. It's been literally years in the making. I used to work as a supplier for Holden and knew the limited editions were coming so put a deposit down just around the closure announcement. Turned down a LSA R8 because I knew I could do better for the money and here we are, it's like a dream.
Good on ya EternityDre, and all the crap you went through with your dealer is now just a distant memory. Hopefully he organises something special for your handover.

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Not sure how this works , this is my first message , thanks to all that are posting photos , they're excellent, hope our Heron Director looks as good
Going off on a tangent though , can anyone tell us how to get a tour of the plant ?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

Yeah probably right, hard to tell with 15mm. The ones they used at Phillip Island for the press release visually looked lower. Those cars had miles on them so maybe the suspension had time to settle. I'd be happy with an inch lower all round on the Redline.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Not sure how this works , this is my first message , thanks to all that are posting photos , they're excellent, hope our Heron Director looks as good
Going off on a tangent though , can anyone tell us how to get a tour of the plant ?
Pester Holden customer care