Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Yeah I think you're spot on about s2 tail lights better suiting lighter colours and s1 tail lights suiting darker colours.
Your Redline looks good because that's the way Holden intended it to look, which is why I believe these sort of things shouldn't be messed with.
I've seen a few Spitfire Redlines around and they look absolutely amazing with the s2 tail lights.
At least you'll have the best of both worlds when you get your mse. ;)
You're right about tail light preferences - it is as personal as which flavour of ice-cream one likes. And, as an old car collector type, I am aware of modifications tainting the whole show. However, over the years I have encountered prized original cars with various mods (usually reversible) performed by the original owner. Think XA GTHO phase 4 - originally green/black, painted by original owner red!!! I know an old bloke who still uses his one owner (him himself) XW GT to tow his trailer, and the roof racks have been there since 1970! Another guy pulled the Hemi out his two owner E49 Charger and threw in a small block...he sold the Hemi to some other guy with a Centura!!
My tail light swap pales by comparison, and it is still just a thought bubble; once I see MSE 044 in the flesh, I might just fall to the ground and cry how beautiful it is.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
I think you're right Zero. I.E I won't mess with them. Keen to see ProfMopar's though...
Can you share the pic?
I'll be sure to post if I do the swap. Bear in mind, however, that my Nitrate MSE won't be delivered until mid-October.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hey, how cool is that? Imagine it in the sunlight! To quote the late Dr Smith, "Oh the pain, the pain!"
Does look pretty cool hey professor, I reckon the power decal would suit that colour down to the ground, for the full retro package. Danger Prof Mopar, Danger, you are being tempted by the evil green side, again:)

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Does look pretty cool hey professor, I reckon the power decal would suit that colour down to the ground, for the full retro package. Danger Prof Mopar, Danger, you are being tempted by the evil green side, again:)
Yes, it's true, but my saviour might be the Chrysler corporation - I'm restoring a '69 Charger in limelight green (much like my photo) - so I have a green fix.
However, I suspect the real saviour might be Gla's MSE; I think we have the privilege of seeing it later this week. Like you, I just know that Nitrate, live before our own eyes, is going to be something to behold.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Yeah, I see what you mean Zero.
But, I do think the S2 lights and black spoiler suit some colours better than others. Mainly the lighter colours. I reckon my S1 looks better with the S1 taillights and body coloured spoler. Where as say, a white or red one would look better with S2 lights and a black spoiler.
View attachment 192317
Yep the series 2 lights look like a cheap aftermarket light you get on VT's and AU's yuk. Prefer the us version

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
Yes, it's true, but my saviour might be the Chrysler corporation - I'm restoring a '69 Charger in limelight green (much like my photo) - so I have a green fix.
However, I suspect the real saviour might be Gla's MSE; I think we have the privilege of seeing it later this week. Like you, I just know that Nitrate, live before our own eyes, is going to be something to behold.
My MSE is running a little late through the factory but the dealer is still quoting a pick up this week.
I'll keep you informed.

GTR69

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
G'Day 3rspecB, GTR69 did say the Redline on 19's he measured was 150mm front and 160mm rear so your not doing too bad. Looked at redlines and MSE's and I can't really see much difference, but then again only talking 15mm. Your thoughts?
The MSE I measured had been sitting on the deck for a while, whilst the redline was only 2 hours on its wheels. Suspect if I was to measure the same car it might have sagged a little.