Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
I guess that was inevitable as more cars become available , saw a very nice looking red one in a car yard showroom today , I'm thinking the build numbers aren't in order because this one is 572 and I didn't think they would be up to that yet
Correct, no corralation between build #and build date, great to see the MSE guys getting mobile, the Magnum and Director guys continue the waiting game

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Still, on behalf of all of us who haven't yet taken delivery, can I ask a favour of those who have? New MSE owners, when convenient, can you post a few images, especially those colours we haven't seen yet; namely, Son of a Gun and Phantom. Nonetheless, more images of all 6 colors would be great.
In anticipation, thanks from all of us!

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Still, on behalf of all of us who haven't yet taken delivery, can I ask a favour of those who have? New MSE owners, when convenient, can you post a few images, especially those colours we haven't seen yet; namely, Son of a Gun and Phantom. Nonetheless, more images of all 6 colors would be great.
G'Day Professor, I think the lack of traffic on this thread is more due to facebook than anything else. LE's are only a couple of weeks into production so most people will still be waiting, you and I, needless to say, included. Recieved an e-mail from the dealership Monday saying my car is currently being built and is on track for end of June delivery so we're getting towards the business end now. One thing I read about the other day is a bolt on kit for LSA's that provides variable cam timing. Have you heard anything about these? I was told by a reliable source the next engine intended for the commodore was the genIV? which has variable cam timing and direct injection, 325kw's in standard trim.

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
I'd send some pictures of a red one if I knew how , I might have to ask the son of a director owner to do it

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
G'Day Professor, I think the lack of traffic on this thread is more due to facebook than anything else. LE's are only a couple of weeks into production so most people will still be waiting, you and I, needless to say, included. Recieved an e-mail from the dealership Monday saying my car is currently being built and is on track for end of June delivery so we're getting towards the business end now. One thing I read about the other day is a bolt on kit for LSA's that provides variable cam timing. Have you heard anything about these? I was told by a reliable source the next engine intended for the commodore was the genIV? which has variable cam timing and direct injection, 325kw's in standard trim.
Your right Martin, a lot of the exclusive info that was only on here is now being shared on facebook, usually before here

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
You're right about Facebook Martin. Lots of images are being posted there. Bit annoying really. But, free choice.
Like you, Prof and other MSE tragic's I'm patiently playing the waiting game. But, it's dragging on. Hurry the $*%# up Aug 14!
On a side note my hsv gen f 2 tourer rear mufflers turned up today. They look great and have given my Redline a whole new sound. Much deeper, more crackle and pop on over run, and beautifully quiet cruising at 60, 80 & 100K's. Sounds amazing. Love it. It sounds better than any after market system I've heard.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
C'mon Coach. Share a few of them FB pic's with your JC brethren! :)

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Good evening, Martin (and all). I haven't heard of that kit; I wonder if it alters the cam/crank phasing on the fly? I can't imagine any other "bolt on" method. Of course, manufacturers for years have been providing variable valve timing via a variety of mechanisms. However, none have developed (as far as I know) my idea from the '80s, when I was a junior hotrodder, that is, rather than bother with an intake valve, why not just inject the air/fuel mixture together? Obviously a variation on fuel injection, so not only would the Air/fuel ratio would be alterable, but also the absolute mass of fuel/air injected. Theory would dictate major flow rates and gas velocities, and an exhaust valve would probably still be the easiest way to get it all out. If I wasn't so busy raising children and saving for MSEs I could develop the technology and call it the ProfPower omni-injection engine! Any engineers out there with nothing to do?

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Good evening, Martin (and all). I haven't heard of that kit; I wonder if it alters the cam/crank phasing on the fly? I can't imagine any other "bolt on" method. Of course, manufacturers for years have been providing variable valve timing via a variety of mechanisms. However, none have developed (as far as I know) my idea from the '80s, when I was a junior hotrodder, that is, rather than bother with an intake valve, why not just inject the air/fuel mixture together? Obviously a variation on fuel injection, so not only would the Air/fuel ratio would be alterable, but also the absolute mass of fuel/air injected. Theory would dictate major flow rates and gas velocities, and an exhaust valve would probably still be the easiest way to get it all out. If I wasn't so busy raising children and saving for MSEs I could develop the technology and call it the ProfPower omni-injection engine! Any engineers out there with nothing to do?
Omni-injection has a ring to it!