Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Congrats. Last time I drove a MSE I really liked how the commodore felt with the suspension setting in "performance". How you fellas liking MRC and whats your prefered setting ?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Up to 700km in my MSE and wanted to do a first impressions post after the long weekend. I've done a few mountain runs (Dandenongs) and did the great ocean road today (to Apollo Bay and back). I've posted pics on FB, apologies I can't post here off my phone, get NBN Wednesday. Anyone on FB feel free to post my pics here.

Firstly, I'm following these break in rules religiously. 1) Keeping revs below 4k, 3k most of the time 2) No full throttle, feel like I've used maybe 50% a few times 3) Always varying gears and revs, no more than a few mins in one gear at one rpm 4) No engine breaking, always rev matching when downshifting (manual).

Did the great ocean road today in damp and later wet conditions and all I'll say is the MSE is a ******* weapon! Keeping it below 3k rpm in sport and using what feels like 20% of the performance it's already faster and better than my previous SV6. Engine is a dream. Gearbox and clutch are silky smooth and way easier than I expected. First time with electric steering and wow, it's incredible. Seats are amazing. Coming from a VE all the tech is amazing. Just a complete package. No noises or issues with build quality even pushing relatively hard today.

The single thing that's throwing me at times is the shift from second to third. The shifter is very springy so I just let it neutralise itself then push it up to third but maybe every third time it pushes too far right and I miss the gate going up, even with no lateral pressure from me. Hopefully this will get looser over time and/or I'll get better at it. Otherwise exceeding all expectations.

Apologies for typos on my phone.
Hey EternityDre, glad to here your having a hoot in the beast (for want of a better term:)) Sounds like the gearbox and clutch is a little better than the demo car you drove when you first ordered. I remember people advising you you didn't know how to drive a manual, even though you had no issues in the HSV. Anyway, thanks for the update, great work:)

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Using the new Media and Albums feature:
Screenshot 2017-06-13 12.22.50.png Screenshot 2017-06-13 12.23.25.png
This method means you can caption, tag and describe the image (optional), and have a link to a slideshow gallery, and other stuff.